SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#377289 - 12/06/13 11:13 AM WOW - fender stratocaster VS arranger MUST WATCH !
nbnserge Offline

WOW everyone must watch this video : Fender Stratocaster VS Arranger

I love guitars and … I love keyboards too !
This video inspired me a lot, thank the authors who obviously took a lot of fun playing guitar stuffs.
Since I saw this video, I can not stop playing my TYROS 5
I keep on practising daily on my Tyros 5, discovering how to play some guitar licks on my arranger keyboard.
With some friends we try to do the same stuffs they do on the video. Really amazing

All the new guitar sounds and effects are amazing on the Tyros 5. Really.

I really love my TYROS 5 !

Fender Stratocaster VS Keyboard Arranger - KILLER VIDEO

All the latest posts

#377291 - 12/06/13 11:37 AM Re: WOW - fender stratocaster VS arranger MUST WATCH ! [Re: nbnserge]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Pretty impressive !

#377293 - 12/06/13 12:15 PM Re: WOW - fender stratocaster VS arranger MUST WATCH ! [Re: nbnserge]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Now that was a treat! The old BK-9 holds it's own very well. Of course, the player has the right phrasing and inflections to give it that extra bit of realism.

Ian

#377301 - 12/06/13 12:53 PM Re: WOW - fender stratocaster VS arranger MUST WATCH ! [Re: nbnserge]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
About arrangers and guitars...
If you did not see what is playing, tell me that is not a real band!...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC-lAOxuVQQ

#377323 - 12/06/13 03:45 PM Re: WOW - fender stratocaster VS arranger MUST WATCH ! [Re: nbnserge]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
My favourite Stratocaster keyboard emulation http://new.musiclab.com/products/realstrat/info.html

Enjoy

Bill

#377333 - 12/06/13 09:56 PM Re: WOW - fender stratocaster VS arranger MUST WATCH ! [Re: nbnserge]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The BK-9 actually has FAR better guitar sounds in it than the COSM one he was using. A bit too much over the top except for Van Halen or hard rock. Even the live guitarist there didn't have THAT much searing lead sound!

But there are some really killer sounds (he could have got MUCH closer to the guitarist's sound) in there, with clean and amped up Tele's, Strat's and some decent Les Paul sounds too.

The SearingCOSM patch is only the very first patch in the electric guitar section. There are dozens. He might have taken the time to scroll down a bit!

But the real icing on the cake is to take the SuperNatural Electric Guitar patch, then feed it into an MFX amp simulator, slap some delay on it, and totally rock out! It does the same tricks the acoustic SN guitars do, easily separating chorded playing from solo lines, recognizing hammer on's and off's, switching harmonics in, etc..

Although the bare patch is kind of Jazz Guitar, all it needs is to be fed into an amp sim, crank up the distortion a bit, EQ to taste, and you've got a rock/blues patch that betters any in the regular E. Guitar section.

Think I might have to do another little demo soon, show you guys that Roland can rock!

#377337 - 12/06/13 10:49 PM Re: WOW - fender stratocaster VS arranger MUST WATCH ! [Re: nbnserge]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
I, for one, would be delighted!

#377338 - 12/07/13 12:05 AM Re: WOW - fender stratocaster VS arranger MUST WATCH ! [Re: nbnserge]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
That's the kind of contribution that we could all benefit from . More of that please Dikki and anyone else that can share great finds on their instruments that may not be so well known .

#377342 - 12/07/13 01:35 AM Re: WOW - fender stratocaster VS arranger MUST WATCH ! [Re: Diki]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Diki

Although the bare patch is kind of Jazz Guitar, all it needs is to be fed into an amp sim, crank up the distortion a bit, EQ to taste, and you've got a rock/blues patch that betters any in the regular E. Guitar section.

Think I might have to do another little demo soon, show you guys that Roland can rock!

I have discovered much the same on my Tyros4, regarding using the Jazz Guitar patch ( I use SA Jazz Clean) as the basis for a nice, very usable, slightly distorted warm guitar sound...it works better than the instrument's standard SA distortion sounds...definitely a more "creamier" tone.

I was quite impressed with these recent BK-9 demos...there aren't enough of them showing it's real potential. It's good to see this instrument start to get proper exposure.

Ian

#377348 - 12/07/13 03:04 AM Re: WOW - fender stratocaster VS arranger MUST WATCH ! [Re: abacus]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Yeah I have always loved that Real Strat Voodoo Chile demo

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online