SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#377185 - 12/05/13 01:11 PM Essential expansion packs for T5
Bachus Offline

Okay a question for all you tyros fans, which expansion packs would you say are essential for the T5... I.e. What packs make the instrument broader and deeper for someone that wants to play as many types of music as possible..

Which ones do you like?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#377186 - 12/05/13 01:14 PM Re: Essential expansion packs for T5 [Re: Bachus]
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
No packs needed.... all is IN it already!

#377189 - 12/05/13 02:30 PM Re: Essential expansion packs for T5 [Re: Bachus]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
None that I would buy at their prices.
Deane

#377191 - 12/05/13 05:13 PM Re: Essential expansion packs for T5 [Re: hammer]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
It all depends what kind of music you want to play.Basically, you have everything in Tyros for general western music.

I don't think price is that bad.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#377192 - 12/05/13 05:24 PM Re: Essential expansion packs for T5 [Re: Bachus]
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I have a lot of middle eastern musicians that purchase the Persian/Arabic package and the Balkan/Turkish/Greek package. There are only 4 or 5 middle eastern styles stock in the T4 or T5 and the need for dozens of styles and dozens of authentic sounds are very important for these musicians.
When Deane says "none at these prices" I would like him to know that in order for these ethnic musicians to get their necessary styles and sounds they would have to buy a completely different instrument and now with these under $200 packages which contain over 300MB and more of sounds and styles they are very happy to pay only this price. Most all of the packages that have been available for the the PSRS950 at a price of about $99.00 and contain only 64MB or less of sounds are now available for the T series with much greater memory available and that is why the prices are higher on the T series.
(Retired 2021)

#377193 - 12/05/13 05:38 PM Re: Essential expansion packs for T5 [Re: George Kaye]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Hi George,
If I played middle eastern music and wanted to buy a Tyros 5 I would be interested in the packages. I have always felt Yamaha charged way to much
for the offered "extras". For the prices we pay for their TOTL keyboards much of what they offer should be free updates not for profit purchase items.

Just my opinion.

Deane

#377196 - 12/05/13 07:50 PM Re: Essential expansion packs for T5 [Re: Bachus]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Though I currently pretty much exclusively play western music, I really love the exotic sound, tunings, rhythms, and scales of world instruments.

Realizing that Tyros 5 already well covers
most genres of western music, I instead took advantage of Yamaha MusicSoft's recent 20% off Thanksgiving sale and purchased their
Middle Eastern Premimum Pack for $135.99 (regularly $169.99). cool
I look forward to exploring these middle eastern instrument voices, drumkits, and styles and possibly integrating them into my music.

Yamaha Musicsoft also offers some interesting "Voice & Style Expansion Packs".
No idea why, but these packs 'aren't compatible' with Tyros keyboards. Does anybody have any idea why these packs work on the S950, yet not Tyros 5 or 4?!
One pack I'm particularly interested in is the "China Voice & Style Expansion Pack". I'm really hoping Yamaha might consider creating a version of this pack for Tyros 5 in the near future.
Yamaha, if you're reading this, please seriously consider my request. smile

Scott

#377201 - 12/05/13 09:27 PM Re: Essential expansion packs for T5 [Re: kla4]
Hal2001 Offline

Loc: U.S.
Originally Posted By: kla4
Does that mean that expansion packs that were previously optional on the T4 have been reworked and are included in the T5? If so, is there a way to find out which ones have migrated over? Thanks. Hal

#377202 - 12/05/13 09:39 PM Re: Essential expansion packs for T5 [Re: Hal2001]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Hal2001
Does that mean that expansion packs that were previously optional on the T4 have been reworked and are included in the T5? If so, is there a way to find out which ones have migrated over? Thanks. Hal

No they havent... Al expasnion packs previously for Tyros 4 are now also labeled Tyros 5 in the shop.

Why this question, overhere in Holland, you cant negotiate over the price of a T5 that much, but when you bring a USB stick or external hard disk, you can negotiate about which expasnion packs they should add for free..

There used to be even Yamaha dealers that offered you all expansions for free if you only bought a Tyros with them...

So far i am interested in the new Alps package and euro/us organs, and many of the solo saxes and panflutes packages..

#377209 - 12/05/13 10:29 PM Re: Essential expansion packs for T5 [Re: Bachus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus
Originally Posted By: Hal2001

No they havent... Al expasnion packs previously for Tyros 4 are now also labeled Tyros 5 in the shop.

Why this question, overhere in Holland, you cant negotiate over the price of a T5 that much, but when you bring a USB stick or external hard disk, you can negotiate about which expasnion packs they should add for free..

There used to be even Yamaha dealers that offered you all expansions for free if you only bought a Tyros with them...

So far i am interested in the new Alps package and euro/us organs, and many of the solo saxes and panflutes packages..

EDIT : the organ expansion pack is added inside the T5

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online