SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#376763 - 11/29/13 02:47 PM How great effects brings life to ordinary sounds
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_SY0B_uoyaY

Some really great korg sounds . A great antidote for those of us over exposed to yamaha mania . ( said in good humour ) .

#376789 - 11/29/13 10:35 PM Re: How great effects brings life to ordinary sounds [Re: spalding1968]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Yes they are great, and all stock sounds, just enhanced by proper e.q. and effects.
Thanks!

#376791 - 11/30/13 01:11 AM Re: How great effects brings life to ordinary sounds [Re: spalding1968]
spalding1968 Offline

Have a listen to the series of clips. The demonstrator goes through the saxes strings guitars etc. they are excellent demos by themselves but it shows how great the korg sounds can be . Not quite tyros level but pretty darned close ! All you jazzers out there will love this one .

Autumn leaves

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GbYEKqpfVRE

Edited by spalding1968 (11/30/13 01:24 AM)

#376797 - 11/30/13 06:25 AM Re: How great effects brings life to ordinary sounds [Re: spalding1968]
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Awesome!

#376800 - 11/30/13 08:06 AM Re: How great effects brings life to ordinary sounds [Re: spalding1968]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Wow! That was a real treat! Korg really has it together, for sure!

I'd say those sounds are definitely at Tyros level...they are just a bit different, which is why having these kinds of great choices is so cool.

Thanks Spalding.

Ian

#376801 - 11/30/13 08:35 AM Re: How great effects brings life to ordinary sounds [Re: ianmcnll]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
spalding ... thank you for finding/posting these ...

now if only they would provide us with the settings they used to 'fine tune' those sounds, I would be thrilled !!!

NOTE: Hey, Ian ... if that is YOUR picture, you could be my long lost cousin ... or maybe we just go to the same hair stylist ... laugh2

Edited by tony mads usa (11/30/13 08:37 AM)

#376803 - 11/30/13 08:38 AM Re: How great effects brings life to ordinary sounds [Re: spalding1968]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
It’s good to see someone actually playing the arranger for a change rather than just holding a few notes and following a style all the time.

It also shows the laws of diminishing returns in that the Korg PA900 arranger he is playing costs just £1500, yet previous posters have said it comes close to or is similar to a Yamaha Tyros 4/5 arranger, with the Tyros 5 coming in at £3700.

Thanks for posting

Bill

#376805 - 11/30/13 08:45 AM Re: How great effects brings life to ordinary sounds [Re: spalding1968]
DannyUK Offline

Brilliant demo, fantastic sounding keyboard. I'm still not ruling out getting a PA-900 maybe sometime in the future seeing that I opted for a mint T4 (at a fantastic price) instead of the T5 which will leave me more options and still having pretty much a very up to date Tyros sound as well.

#376809 - 11/30/13 09:14 AM Re: How great effects brings life to ordinary sounds [Re: spalding1968]
spalding1968 Offline

Yes the korg is a very capable instrument and it's deep ! Sometimes all we need is a little inspiration . That's why I love all demos of all makes of keyboard because you can learn a new technique or use the instrument in different ways . It's much more productive than just looking for the shortfall in each and every yammy , korg , roland or Wersi instrument .

#376810 - 11/30/13 09:19 AM Re: How great effects brings life to ordinary sounds [Re: tony mads usa]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa

NOTE: Hey, Ian ... if that is YOUR picture, you could be my long lost cousin ... or maybe we just go to the same hair stylist ... laugh2

Ha...yep, although my "hairstyle" is self inflicted...I started shaving the old noggin some time ago, when I was fairly heavy into the martial arts thing...this was years before the "bald-look" actually became "fashionable".

I did let it grow back a bit a few years ago, and it was starting to thin a tiny bit on top at the back, but it was also a lot grayer, so I went back to bald.

Unfortunately my beard, which I refuse to dye, gives away the game...ha ha!

Haven't needed to go to one of them hairstylists in many years.

Tony, I still have one of my old combs for nostalgia purposes...I just can't "part" with it...

Ian

PS...I could be Italian, as I was adopted, and the orphanage where I came from burnt down and all records were lost...I never could find out my birth parent's nationality despite several searches.

#376811 - 11/30/13 09:32 AM Re: How great effects brings life to ordinary sounds [Re: ianmcnll]
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

I could be Italian as I was adopted

I KNEW you looked familiar... smile

#376812 - 11/30/13 09:35 AM Re: How great effects brings life to ordinary sounds [Re: spalding1968]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Ian, you could be an alien. Do you have red eyes by chance?
smile

#376813 - 11/30/13 09:52 AM Re: How great effects brings life to ordinary sounds [Re: DonM]
124 Offline

Only after a few shots of screech, no doubt. rotfl

#376814 - 11/30/13 09:55 AM Re: How great effects brings life to ordinary sounds [Re: DonM]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
Ian, you could be an alien. Do you have red eyes by chance?
smile

I could be, Don...maybe I was found in a crashed spaceship...oh wait, that story belongs to someone already...

Thankfully I did arrive with the requisite number of eyes, and although I did manage to get the whites of them looking like two little road-maps of rural Cape Breton quite a few times, they are relatively normal today.

I just wish sometimes I had more foresight...oh well, at least the hindsight is 20-20. smile

Ian

#376815 - 11/30/13 09:58 AM Re: How great effects brings life to ordinary sounds [Re: 124]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: 124
Only after a few shots of screech, no doubt. rotfl

I was allergic to Screech...it made me break out in spots...Halifax, Toronto, Montreal, jail...

Now the strongest beverage I have is a nice cuppa tea...

Ian

#376819 - 11/30/13 10:28 AM Re: How great effects brings life to ordinary sounds [Re: spalding1968]
ianmcnll Offline

My apologies, Spalding, for drifting off topic.

Ian

#376823 - 11/30/13 10:55 AM Re: How great effects brings life to ordinary sounds [Re: ianmcnll]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
that PA 600 sounds really good .

#376825 - 11/30/13 11:18 AM Re: How great effects brings life to ordinary sounds [Re: musicforyourday]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
PA 600 is by far the best keyboard for a $1000.Has some bells and whistles even T5 only dreams about.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#376834 - 11/30/13 02:02 PM Re: How great effects brings life to ordinary sounds [Re: abacus]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By: abacus
It’s good to see someone actually playing the arranger for a change rather than just holding a few notes and following a style all the time.

It also shows the laws of diminishing returns in that the Korg PA900 arranger he is playing costs just £1500, yet previous posters have said it comes close to or is similar to a Yamaha Tyros 4/5 arranger, with the Tyros 5 coming in at £3700.

Thanks for posting

Bill

Interesting comment about diminishing returns, from a guy trying to tell us that a $20,000 Wersi is what we should be playing!

#376850 - 11/30/13 03:29 PM Re: How great effects brings life to ordinary sounds [Re: spalding1968]
spalding1968 Offline

Let's keep this thread clean from negative digs please . Let this demo soothe your soul and let's make it about the music .....

"Some where over the rainbow " http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W4lyQQTqUqU

#376855 - 11/30/13 04:13 PM Re: How great effects brings life to ordinary sounds [Re: spalding1968]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: spalding1968
Let's keep this thread clean from negative digs please . Let this demo soothe your soul and let's make it about the music .....

clap

#376862 - 11/30/13 04:59 PM Re: How great effects brings life to ordinary sounds [Re: spalding1968]
ianmcnll Offline

That guy is a really fine player, Spalding, and Over The Rainbow is one of my favorites as well(in fact I believe I sent you a recording I did of that tune on my trusty Tyros4).

It is amazing how good the midrange keyboards have become, and even the PA-600 entry level has terrifically expressive sounds.

Thanks for the "soothing" experience.

Ian

#376869 - 11/30/13 11:32 PM Re: How great effects brings life to ordinary sounds [Re: spalding1968]
spalding1968 Offline

Yes Ian my friend . I still have your recording . I wish I could upload your version on the synthzone. It was outstanding and was one of the many reasons I have lusted after the T4 and why I am glad you are still being inspired to make great music . I just wish we could all recognise that this is the unifying bond that exists between all us amateur and pro musicians . The love of music . Whatever instrument it is performed on .

By the way i am really excited as we have finally finished the production of "praise is what we do II " . I saw the complete product last night at our "world premier " ha ha . I am sending a copy to you personally . Ping me an email of your address and I will try and get it to you for Christmas .

It's pretty special even if I say so myself !

#376882 - 12/01/13 05:46 AM Re: How great effects brings life to ordinary sounds [Re: spalding1968]
Bachus Offline

Korg instruments excell in keyboard sounds like pianos epianos organs string and synth sounds

Personally i think wood brass and other acoustic sounds are better in Yamaha and Roland instruments..

Its all about personal favour... But i think every instrument has it strengths and lesser strong parts( dont want to call it weakness, as its still sufficiant for a sound performance)

All in all, you need to recognise the beaty of this demo...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#376883 - 12/01/13 05:51 AM Re: How great effects brings life to ordinary sounds [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus
Korg instruments excell in keyboard sounds like pianos epianos organs string and synth sounds

Personally i think wood brass and other acoustic sounds are better in Yamaha and Roland instruments..

Its all about personal favour... But i think every instrument has it strengths and lesser strong parts( dont want to call it weakness, as its still sufficiant for a sound performance)

Instead of claiming this sound is better then that sound etc etc ........why not discuses how you can make these sounds better to your liking if needed by utilizing the fantastic editing capabilities on all of these arrangers KB's? confused1 ......today's units can easily be made to sound as good as any player would like,..... all this mine is better then your is getting ridiculous. confused2

#376885 - 12/01/13 05:54 AM Re: How great effects brings life to ordinary sounds [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj

Instead of claiming this sound is better then that sound etc etc ........why not discuses how you can make these sounds better to your liking if needed by utilizing the fantastic editing capabilities on all of these arrangers KB's? confused1 ......today's units can easily be made to sound as good as any player would like,..... all this mine is better then your is getting ridiculous. confused2

I surrender, you have a valid point here..

#376892 - 12/01/13 07:43 AM Re: How great effects brings life to ordinary sounds [Re: spalding1968]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I agree with Donny. Tell people how it was done, what steps were taken to achieve these sounds, what was added, adjusted, how did the person take a mediocre sound and transform it into a great sound. I for one, don't really understand all the rationalle behing all pissing contests that have taken place here for the past five years. Please, lets transform this forum back to a highly informational, educational and interesting place to visit. I don't know about everyone else, but that's why I came here so many years ago.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#376895 - 12/01/13 07:58 AM Re: How great effects brings life to ordinary sounds [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
I agree with Donny. Tell people how it was done, what steps were taken to achieve these sounds, what was added, adjusted, how did the person take a mediocre sound and transform it into a great sound. I for one, don't really understand all the rationalle behing all pissing contests that have taken place here for the past five years. Please, lets transform this forum back to a highly informational, educational and interesting place to visit. I don't know about everyone else, but that's why I came here so many years ago.

Cheers,

Gary cool

clap clap clap

#376921 - 12/01/13 02:07 PM Re: How great effects brings life to ordinary sounds [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
I agree with Donny. Tell people how it was done, what steps were taken to achieve these sounds, what was added, adjusted, how did the person take a mediocre sound and transform it into a great sound.
Cheers,
Gary cool

YEAH !!!

#376923 - 12/01/13 02:10 PM Re: How great effects brings life to ordinary sounds [Re: spalding1968]
ianmcnll Offline

Count me in guys!

Ian

#376944 - 12/01/13 06:47 PM Re: How great effects brings life to ordinary sounds [Re: spalding1968]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Try LISTENING, then twiddling knobs, then LISTENING again...

Works for me!

#376958 - 12/01/13 08:11 PM Re: How great effects brings life to ordinary sounds [Re: spalding1968]
ianmcnll Offline

Yes Ian my friend . I still have your recording . I wish I could upload your version on the synthzone. It was outstanding and was one of the many reasons I have lusted after the T4 and why I am glad you are still being inspired to make great music . I just wish we could all recognise that this is the unifying bond that exists between all us amateur and pro musicians . The love of music . Whatever instrument it is performed on .

By the way i am really excited as we have finally finished the production of "praise is what we do II " . I saw the complete product last night at our "world premier " ha ha . I am sending a copy to you personally . Ping me an email of your address and I will try and get it to you for Christmas .

Hi Spalding...I sent you an email with my mailing address.

The Somewhere Over The Rainbow tune was actually just me trying out an edited style...I generally record something and then listen to it play back to hear if there are any glitches.

In that tune I used two of my favorite sounds, SA2 JazzSax and SA Jazz Clean guitar. It's amazing how expressive these SA instruments are with just normal play, but digging in and using the right technique with them makes a very big difference. Of course, the excellent ModernJazzBallad with it's cool variations I got from the CVP-509 styles sure helps...although it only uses drums, mega bass and mega guitar, it is pretty slick, and inspires me to play.

Man, this retirement is even better than I thought it would be...and, I'm never bored...I often wonder where I used to find the time to actually work.

I'll be looking forward to hearing the finished production.

Thanks for the offer to share it.

Oh yes, before I forget...did you use the Korg for much of the production?

Ian

#376996 - 12/02/13 01:02 PM Re: How great effects brings life to ordinary sounds [Re: ianmcnll]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

Hi Spalding...I sent you an email with my mailing address.

The Somewhere Over The Rainbow tune was actually just me trying out an edited style...I generally record something and then listen to it play back to hear if there are any glitches.

In that tune I used two of my favorite sounds, SA2 JazzSax and SA Jazz Clean guitar. It's amazing how expressive these SA instruments are with just normal play, but digging in and using the right technique with them makes a very big difference. Of course, the excellent ModernJazzBallad with it's cool variations I got from the CVP-509 styles sure helps...although it only uses drums, mega bass and mega guitar, it is pretty slick, and inspires me to play.

Man, this retirement is even better than I thought it would be...and, I'm never bored...I often wonder where I used to find the time to actually work.

I'll be looking forward to hearing the finished production.

Thanks for the offer to share it.

Oh yes, before I forget...did you use the Korg for much of the production?

Ian

Just mega voices?

The mega technollogy is/was awesome, but just hard to program for users..

#377000 - 12/02/13 02:25 PM Re: How great effects brings life to ordinary sounds [Re: Bachus]
ianmcnll Offline

Just mega voices?

The mega technollogy is/was awesome, but just hard to program for users..

Bachus,

I have sent you a Private Message.

Ian

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online