SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#376186 - 11/23/13 04:37 PM Re: Forget the T5, there is where it's at!! Classic :) [Re: DannyUK]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Danny, to be realistic, I didn't really need the TOTL to get the job done. The MOTL boards all did great jobs and after all these years, my calendar is still filled to capacity until 2015 so I must be doing something right. Yes, 2015 and that's not a typo. I've already booked a couple dozen jobs for 2015, and just last night a couple asked if I would do their wedding. They're both in their mid 40s, which was a real shocker to me. They heard me performing at an upscale jewelry store last night and said they loved everything they heard.

I have played the T2 and it's a great machine, but it was just too heavy and bulky for me to lug around 5 to 7 days a week, even for short jobs. Either this stuff is getting heavier or I'm gettin' old. Unfortunately, the later is likely the case. wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#376187 - 11/23/13 04:37 PM Re: Forget the T5, there is where it's at!! Classic :) [Re: DannyUK]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: DannyUK

You've certainly gone through some keyboards! One thing I've noticed missing from your keyboard inventory was a TOTL from Yamaha!? Not even an 8000 or 9000!? How comes you passed them by? I had the 8000 and I was amazed by it's sheer sound quality.

Gary has not only been through quite a few keyboards, but he also learned each of them in depth, and has contributed greatly to PSR Tutorial, with styles, gig disks, and a lot of how-to posts.

One great benefit of Gary using mainly MOTL in recent years, is that his styles, gig disks etc. were accessible to a wider range of instruments.

He is a generous man and his posts have helped me many times.

Ian

#376190 - 11/23/13 04:40 PM Re: Forget the T5, there is where it's at!! Classic :) [Re: DannyUK]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Thanks Ian, I appreciate that.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#376191 - 11/23/13 04:48 PM Re: Forget the T5, there is where it's at!! Classic :) [Re: travlin'easy]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
The MOTL boards all did great jobs and after all these years, my calendar is still filled to capacity until 2015 so I must be doing something right. Yes, 2015 and that's not a typo. I've already booked a couple dozen jobs for 2015, and just last night a couple asked if I would do their wedding. They're both in their mid 40s, which was a real shocker to me. They heard me performing at an upscale jewelry store last night and said they loved everything they heard.

Gary cool

That's fantastic Gary, and a tribute to your playing & singing abilities. Obviously the couple in their 40's think you're pretty awesome too.

I think you're right in saying that you don't necessarily need TOTL keyboards to perform with, actually my dad has never owned a TOTL keyboard and he's still using his Korg PA-60 and it suits him fine (another fine keyboard). The only problem is that it won't recognise the hard drive I installed for me, I've tried everything to get it working but I've given up!!

But yes, the S950 is more than adequate and will do the job very well. smile

#376193 - 11/23/13 04:50 PM Re: Forget the T5, there is where it's at!! Classic :) [Re: ianmcnll]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

Gary has not only been through quite a few keyboards, but he also learned each of them in depth, and has contributed greatly to PSR Tutorial, with styles, gig disks, and a lot of how-to posts.

One great benefit of Gary using mainly MOTL in recent years, is that his styles, gig disks etc. were accessible to a wider range of instruments.

He is a generous man and his posts have helped me many times.

Ian

That's a really wonderful post and I couldn't agree more. I could also learn a lot from a few of you from here including you Ian !

Edited by DannyUK (11/23/13 04:51 PM)

#376205 - 11/23/13 05:59 PM Re: Forget the T5, there is where it's at!! Classic :) [Re: Tony Hughes]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
I have just been on Dikipedia and typed in "Tyros 5" and nothing, not a squeak confused2 even tried "Tyros 5 + real drums" still nothing wink

Strange... I typed in 'Tony Hughes' and got back several pictures of donkeys. All from the rear. rotfl

#376278 - 11/24/13 11:16 AM Re: Forget the T5, there is where it's at!! Classic :) [Re: ianmcnll]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Danny, you can view the history of Yamaha products here, in case you haven't already found it.

http://www.yamaha.co.jp/manual/english/chron.php

Thanks for the web site Ian, very good information there.

#376582 - 11/28/13 01:05 AM Re: Forget the T5, there is where it's at!! Classic :) [Re: Diki]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
I have just been on Dikipedia and typed in "Tyros 5" and nothing, not a squeak confused2 even tried "Tyros 5 + real drums" still nothing wink

Strange... I typed in 'Tony Hughes' and got back several pictures of donkeys. All from the rear. rotfl

You are only jealous Diki because everyone calls me donkey, anyway what's your slant on all this new T5 and BTW not War & Peace please, just nod your head like a donkey, also you need to play one before you can tear it apart.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online