SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#376562 - 11/27/13 07:27 PM Danish Guy Having Fun with his New Tyros 5
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Looks like this Danish guy had lots of fun exploring & spontaneously improvising on his new Tyros 5 keyboard just as we might when we first get our new keyboards home.
I think this demo may be the most authentically realistic heard so far to how Tyros 5 will actually sound when we first get our T5's home, and play it 'out of the box' just like a kid in a candy store might. Nearly 45 minutes of unabashed fun. keys I can hardly wait to 'finally get' my Tyros 5 fix now. grin

Scott

#376592 - 11/28/13 07:18 AM Re: Danish Guy Having Fun with his New Tyros 5 [Re: Scottyee]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By: Scottyee

... I think this demo may be the most authentically realistic heard so far to how Tyros 5 will actually sound when we first get our T5's home, and play it 'out of the box' ...
Scott

Nice video, thanks.
I think you're right Scott, and also for the first time imho, I think the Yammie acccomp sounds better than before. Not as "compreessed" and CD'ish and also more dynamic.
The final tune even sound more live than I think Yamaha ever done.

Maybe worth take a closer look.......
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#376596 - 11/28/13 07:56 AM Re: Danish Guy Having Fun with his New Tyros 5 [Re: Scottyee]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Scott, played the entire demo while I worked on a boat project - sounded great and the guy playing the keyboard obviously was having lots of fun as well.

Thanks for the video link,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#376599 - 11/28/13 08:10 AM Re: Danish Guy Having Fun with his New Tyros 5 [Re: Scottyee]
DannyUK Offline

Thanks for posting Scott, really nice to see how this keyboard is starting to sound and it sounds fantastic even out of the box! Certainly new T5 owners are going to be loving their new T5's and we'll want to hear more and more demos!!!

#376600 - 11/28/13 08:20 AM Re: Danish Guy Having Fun with his New Tyros 5 [Re: Scottyee]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

Thanks for placing this on the web for all of us to hear.
He is certainly having a ball playing the Tyros 5. LLOYD

#376726 - 11/29/13 10:28 AM Re: Danish Guy Having Fun with his New Tyros 5 [Re: Scottyee]
Scottyee Offline

Here's PART TWO of: Danish Guy Having Lots of Fun with his New Tyros 5: ;D

Scott

#376745 - 11/29/13 12:52 PM Re: Danish Guy Having Fun with his New Tyros 5 [Re: Scottyee]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
This demo shows pretty well how you need good voicing skills in the first place before you get the best out of this system. There is FAR too much weird stuff going on simply because he isn't using very accurate voicing and typical intervals.

It's a great feature, but still doesn't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

#376861 - 11/30/13 04:51 PM Re: Danish Guy Having Fun with his New Tyros 5 [Re: Scottyee]
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
I am about 95% sure that the "danish guy" playing the Tyros 5 is Chris Hansen. He is the guy who started the original arranger forum website that many of us joined in the 1990's. Some of you might remember it from before SynthZone.

Tom G.

#376866 - 11/30/13 06:24 PM Re: Danish Guy Having Fun with his New Tyros 5 [Re: TomTomSF]
Scottyee Offline

Hi Tom, I've never met Chris Hansen in person nor even seen his pic, so discovering from you it's 95% sure it's him makes this video all the more personal and special, as I too was an active member here when Chris was administrator, going back even further than 1999, as I recall that earlier posts were lost due to a server crash. frown
Lots of fond memories over the years we've shared together, especially the early 00's Synthzone jam we attended together at Bebop's place in San Jose.

Happy holidays to You, Nigel, and the entire Synthzone family.

Scott keys

#376872 - 11/30/13 11:58 PM Re: Danish Guy Having Fun with his New Tyros 5 [Re: TomTomSF]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Wow it's been quite a few years since Chris has dropped in here to say hello. But that is great if it is Chris still playing arranger keyboard.

I think it was around 97 I set up the first forums for Chris here using Matt's Scripts that I was using for the other synth forums here. Chris asked me to set up the Arranger Keyboard Forum ( which is the first incarnation of this forum ) and also a G1000 forum because that is what he was using at the time. After a couple of years his family became his main focus so he gave up moderating the forum, which is when I took over as moderator.

We were talking about this only a few weeks ago with links to the old forum archive

#376875 - 12/01/13 01:08 AM Re: Danish Guy Having Fun with his New Tyros 5 [Re: Scottyee]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
If it's not more that one Chris Hansen in Denmark playing keyboards, it's maybe him?

At the pages linked below you can see Chris W Hansen and his daughter Maria.
"Moonlight Duo" gig for weddings and other kind of events in Denmark.

https://www.facebook.com/bryllupsmusik
http://www.bryllupsmusik.info/

#376876 - 12/01/13 02:07 AM Re: Danish Guy Having Fun with his New Tyros 5 [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Great video, Scott...I have a feeling you will be very chuffed at getting your Tyros5. The guy in the video is clearly having a great time, and it's obvious the excellent sound of the Tyros5 is a big part of his delight.

Congrats on your new acquisition...any idea when it arrives?

Ian

#376916 - 12/01/13 01:44 PM Re: Danish Guy Having Fun with his New Tyros 5 [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

great stuff to use in the middle the Beatles "Penny Lane"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online