SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#376570 - 11/27/13 09:38 PM Re: Another short Tyros5 review [Re: Tostie]
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I played with the vocal harmonizer today and the presets are much improved. There are many new presets that just work well. Also, the new vocoder mode is great. There are about 12 presets when you tab over from the standard vocal preset mode to keyboard vocoder voice mode. I got all those cool synth sounds but using my voice as the source. Lots of fun!
(Retired 2021)

#376571 - 11/27/13 09:50 PM Re: Another short Tyros5 review [Re: Tostie]
Nick G Online   content

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Hi Ky,

How long was the demo for? were there many people watching it?

There is no way its worth trading your T4 plus handing over 4.5k cash to get a T5.. IMHO! you need to ask yourself - what are you really lacking from the T4? is it drums? if so - the T5 is not going to be THAT much better... Ive heard alot of demos and any of the styles that are NOT audio styles on the T5 sound ALMOST the same as the T4...

If you are bored of the T4 or want some new sounds and styles - keep the T4 and purchase some of the premium expansion packs...

Yamaha use the audio styles to showcase the product really well. it makes the demonstrations sound unbelievable!... but only 40 styles are audio!!! They really know how to market something and close the deal with the customer but day to day use there is a good chance you will very soon get bored of them!

My PSR S950 has audio styles and they are the exact same quality of the T5.. just different styles... the fact that u can NOT edit or remix any of the audio drums is very frustrating... when you first get the keyboard you cant stop listening to them because they sound superb overall... but is your keyboard or song database actually needing the audio styles provided?? Just think of what styles u are using for most of your music or favorite songs u like playing day to day on the current T4 and ask yourself if having the extra 40 audio styles will change anything?? If yes - then great. but if not.. then they will be nothing but a gimmick to you...

Good Luck mate. let me know what you end up doing?
If you get a T5 ide be keen to come back for another rd trip and have a jam smile

#376572 - 11/27/13 10:06 PM Re: Another short Tyros5 review [Re: Nick G]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Nick G
Hi Ky,

How long was the demo for? were there many people watching it?

There is no way its worth trading your T4 plus handing over 4.5k cash to get a T5.. IMHO! you need to ask yourself - what are you really lacking from the T4? is it drums? if so - the T5 is not going to be THAT much better... Ive heard alot of demos and any of the styles that are NOT audio styles on the T5 sound ALMOST the same as the T4...

If you are bored of the T4 or want some new sounds and styles - keep the T4 and purchase some of the premium expansion packs...

Yamaha use the audio styles to showcase the product really well. it makes the demonstrations sound unbelievable!... but only 40 styles are audio!!! They really know how to market something and close the deal with the customer but day to day use there is a good chance you will very soon get bored of them!

My PSR S950 has audio styles and they are the exact same quality of the T5.. just different styles... the fact that u can NOT edit or remix any of the audio drums is very frustrating... when you first get the keyboard you cant stop listening to them because they sound superb overall... but is your keyboard or song database actually needing the audio styles provided?? Just think of what styles u are using for most of your music or favorite songs u like playing day to day on the current T4 and ask yourself if having the extra 40 audio styles will change anything?? If yes - then great. but if not.. then they will be nothing but a gimmick to you...

Good Luck mate. let me know what you end up doing?
If you get a T5 ide be keen to come back for another rd trip and have a jam smile

Overehere in europe when you trade your 3 year old still looking like brand new T4 for a T5 (76 model) you have to pay to pay about 1500 euro. i think thats reasonable for a 3 year perdiode... the T5 (76) sells for about 4k (euro)

and you get the extra 15 keys for that... going for a 61 key i asume would be more like 1200 euro..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#376573 - 11/27/13 11:31 PM Re: Another short Tyros5 review [Re: Tostie]
Tony Hughes Offline

Try this for size, it doesn't come much better, close your eyes and open your ears wide, doesn't sound like a KB does it.

#376574 - 11/27/13 11:35 PM Re: Another short Tyros5 review [Re: Bachus]
Kytrinh Offline

Loc: Australia
G'day Nick my friend...
smile there were in total 6 retirees at the demo. I purchased the T4 this time last year here at Better Music for $5200 so after about 1.5hrs and they've worked out a trade in price of 4.5k changeover, it was pretty much a slap in the face. I've already loaded my T4 with numerous packs and voices from Yamaha and other sites.
The 40 or so Audio styles are a highlight , but having also the Audya5 atop my T4, literally blow that section out of the water and let's be real about that.
Mate you are absolutely spot on, but I have to listen to it in real life n experience maybe that Wow factor. Like I said, a better keyboard than the T4 in terms of small increased nuances but just not enough to justify change. And for that price.. I'll keep the T4 and then if it's a must the T5 12 months later.
If I didn't have my current set up, then may be I'd blown away but as of now I'll wait for the soon to enter our shores the Ketron MidJ pro (boy the demo sounds so promising).
PS. Thanks to you I've ordered the PA3x .. Obviously not the same price, but you did have your name on that one still.. PA3x, not as colourful as Yamaha, but awesome sound through the PA... Gotta have one!
Next time if you have more time Nick.. You have an open invitation..
Awesome to see your posting and hope the board was the way it left your place to mine... It really should :):)
Kindest regards
Ky

#376575 - 11/27/13 11:42 PM Re: Another short Tyros5 review [Re: Tony Hughes]
Kytrinh Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

Try this for size, it doesn't come much better, close your eyes and open your ears wide, doesn't sound like a KB does it.

Tony, I closed my eyes and the best part of that clip turned into darkness .....:)

#376581 - 11/28/13 12:53 AM Re: Another short Tyros5 review [Re: Kytrinh]
Tony Hughes Offline

Sorry in Australia opposite way, bung your ears up and open eyes wide, your having me on!!! bounce
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#376583 - 11/28/13 01:18 AM Re: Another short Tyros5 review [Re: Tony Hughes]
Kytrinh Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Sorry in Australia opposite way, bung your ears up and open eyes wide, your having me on!!! bounce

:):):)

#376584 - 11/28/13 01:45 AM Re: Another short Tyros5 review [Re: Tostie]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi Ky,

As you know, almost all of the stuff the T5 multipads do, can be achieved in the 5 year old Audya. Keytunes will also do almost everything the multipads do displayed in that long demo. (That demo sure gave me a lot of ideas for using keytunes...)

The only thing that really impressed me on the 1hour T5 demo was the guitar DSP effects - those are really awesome, but I would never be able to play those accurately in any case. Don Mason will really like those...

So, I'm still as elated as ever with my Ajamsonic Audya. I think the new Audya, that Ketron is currently working on, will be something to behold indeed. I mean, even the old one has the ability to use any audio part for any part of any style, something most of the Yamaha fans are frustrated over the new T5 for now.

Keep well my good friend,

Henni

#376585 - 11/28/13 03:59 AM Re: Another short Tyros5 review [Re: Henni]
Kytrinh Offline

Greetings Henni.
Yes, the stand out Wow factor in this mornings session was indeed when the guitars were showcased to full effects. And the realism of the strings/orchestral ensemble was an absolute joy to have witnessed such technology and to listen to.
Like you Henni, I'm very much a Style reliant player and find much delight in doing so. These new features will definitely be better showcased to the high calibre of someone like Joost here and DonM with his guitar works.
Like I wrote earlier, having my Ajamsonic Audya atop my T4, the 40 teasing Audio Styles in the T5 are like demonstration styles..you either like it or leave it..
The only downer is the price of theT5. If it was more realistic like those of the instruments, I would not hesitate to snap one up, but having already the T4 .. the cost somewhat outweigh the benefits for the time being...
In the end folks.. It's just another persons opinion of Another short Tyros5 review..
Kindest regards
Ky

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online