SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#376243 - 11/24/13 04:33 AM Correct Loading of UVI Files Expansion Manager
KeyBTyros Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Guys,

Maby interesting to explain for people that have problems loading uvi files

When you save your libs on your T4 then the uvi file contains links to all the uvn files and they are all in 1 directory
then you hook up your T4 through USB Copy that Directory to your hardrive

Now the problem comes

When i have that Directory copied to my desktop and i try to load the uvi file thats in it into the Expansion manager it absolute doesn't do anything
Why ??

Because the Drive letter thats linked into the UVI File seems to be E:\

Thats the Harddisk in the T4

I have a Harddisk on my computer thats E
When i transfer the Directory to there it works

So my guess is there wil be a lot of problems with people trying to load something and it doesn't work then thats your problem
open the UVI File in Note Path Check the Drive letter

Because Theres only 1 ref in the UVI file Like This E:
You can if you want change that in the menu of notepad saying
Look for E: and change Those all in what ever drive you want to get it corresponding
You can do that with 1 option to change those @ll in 1 Go
Search and replace
So when you have done that just copy the directory to the drive thats in the uvi file

then when you load it works
Only trouble still is there are some uvn files that do not get converted into the expansion manager
when 1 of those is in your uvi library file it stops the importing process

So Always change/check the uvifile that it matches drive letter that your harddisk on the computer has then put the directory there

I think when yamaha changes this and they let you load it into T3 T4 and now it doesn't work annymore
they should be the ones responsible for the converting and not the Third party's

Greetz Rico wave

#376247 - 11/24/13 04:52 AM Re: Correct Loading of UVI Files Expansion Manager [Re: KeyBTyros]
Dnj Offline

Great info Rico....this is the stuff we should be talking about that helps players ...instead of "mine is better then yours" all the time, ...just sayin'!! coffee

#376268 - 11/24/13 09:39 AM Re: Correct Loading of UVI Files Expansion Manager [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
....this is the stuff we should be talking about that helps players ...instead of "mine is better then yours"

.....or "Who's gigging on 'fill in the blanks' day", ...just sayin'!

smile smile

chas

#376303 - 11/24/13 03:41 PM Re: Correct Loading of UVI Files Expansion Manager [Re: KeyBTyros]
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Can someone rewrite Rico's post in coherent English? I just can't figure it out. Doesn't help that I have no experience with a PC (Just Mac).

#376311 - 11/24/13 04:16 PM Re: Correct Loading of UVI Files Expansion Manager [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: cgiles
....this is the stuff we should be talking about that helps players ...instead of "mine is better then yours"

.....or "Who's gigging on 'fill in the blanks' day", ...just sayin'!

smile smile

chas

Believe it or not talking about when & where one gigs and how they do it is beneficial to all working pros,...I know after 50yrs on stage I'm still learning things.....just sayin' cool2

#376315 - 11/24/13 04:33 PM Re: Correct Loading of UVI Files Expansion Manager [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
...I know after 50yrs on stage I'm still learning things

Hey, no problem. Some of us don't learn as quickly as others smile smile .
...just funnin' you Donny, you're right of course. You're never too old to learn or share ideas and information.

chas

Edited by cgiles (11/24/13 04:34 PM)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online