SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#376298 - 11/24/13 02:08 PM Re: Tyros 5 (Order in a Pizza) [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

First a bit "OVER Dramatic" by the demonstrators surprised ....that's said, sonically it sounds really good clap ....
Honestly jury is still out watching this demo and a few others if it's that much better then the T4?.....if so can someone elaborate on why that is? confused1 Or is it that it's just a NEW Unit?..S950/T4,T5, it's a close call I'd say. headphone Is it that they are ALL that good that its hard to improve upon other then the adding on of more Audio styles, Ensemble, and some Modeling guitar DSP efx? Just trying to sough it all out and get a grip on what might be on the horizon for the new S series unit due out soon.

#376299 - 11/24/13 02:22 PM Re: Tyros 5 (Order in a Pizza) [Re: abacus]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I loved it.

Donny, what exactly are you looking for????

You keep saying it's not better than a T4, but you've never owned a Tyros. How can you judge it sonically, from demos? Mp3 files?

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#376302 - 11/24/13 03:02 PM Re: Tyros 5 (Order in a Pizza) [Re: kbrkr]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: kbrkr
I loved it.

Donny, what exactly are you looking for????

You keep saying it's not better than a T4, but you've never owned a Tyros. How can you judge it sonically, from demos? Mp3 files?

Correction yes I have owned and performed with my T2,....and have owned almost and performed extensively with every MOTL Yamaha arranger since the PSR9k thru the years & beyond so I think I'm qualified to give an informative opinion judging by the demos, videos,etc, I have seen & heard so far,....Maybe it will change after I actually play one who knows, I just want people to be honest and explain to me why the T5 vs the T4 has a soniclly better sound that's all. I still say it not that much different at this point......
I hope I'm proved wrong we'll see. I seriously tink that today most TOTL/MOTL arrangers are so close in sound an dfeatures year after year it gets harder for manufacturers to really WOW us anymore. shocked Btw I like hot sausage and garlic on my Pizza,....just sayin' wink

Attachments
Tyros.jpg

dp stagevfw.JPG

Edited by Dnj (11/24/13 03:31 PM)

#376304 - 11/24/13 03:44 PM Re: Tyros 5 (Order in a Pizza) [Re: DannyUK]
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Originally Posted By: DannyUK
Originally Posted By: chony
First demo that shows how a modern dance musician might use the keyboard.

Maybe I'm wrong but I can't see anybody who takes the Dance scene seriously would pay over 4 grand for doing something they might be able to do for a fraction of the price on a laptop!

Danny, as you write, you are wrong :-). I make my living doing live dance music, and have owned every Yamaha TOTL and MOTL arranger since the PSR-8000, and a couple of the Korg's too. Having a good keyboard is the best investment possible, and (if you're any good) pays for itself in days.

#376305 - 11/24/13 03:52 PM Re: Tyros 5 (Order in a Pizza) [Re: chony]
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Love the guitar stuff at 30:59........... almost Skynard-like at 32:24.

Thanks for posting. -charley

#376306 - 11/24/13 03:55 PM Re: Tyros 5 (Order in a Pizza) [Re: chony]
DannyUK Offline

Danny, as you write, you are wrong :-). I make my living doing live dance music, and have owned every Yamaha TOTL and MOTL arranger since the PSR-8000, and a couple of the Korg's too. Having a good keyboard is the best investment possible, and (if you're any good) pays for itself in days.

Thank you, I stand corrected then as I am very sure people do use these keyboards for this type of music, however, I (myself) have yet to see an arranger keyboard being used for the type of music in the realm of DJ Tiesto, Armin van Buuren, David Guetta or any other trance / club dance / funky house etc...

Edited by DannyUK (11/24/13 03:59 PM)

#376307 - 11/24/13 03:56 PM Re: Tyros 5 (Order in a Pizza) [Re: abacus]
MattyB Offline

Loc: Australia/Hong Kong
I think the best demo so far...that was really cool

#376309 - 11/24/13 04:14 PM Re: Tyros 5 (Order in a Pizza) [Re: DannyUK]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DannyUK
First demo that shows how a modern dance musician might use the keyboard.

Maybe I'm wrong but I can't see anybody who takes the Dance scene seriously would pay over 4 grand for doing something they might be able to do for a fraction of the price on a laptop!

Danny I agree trying to do "TODAYS TOP TOP 40 DANCE MUSIC ON AN ARRANGER KB IN A PROFESSIONAL STAGE PERFORMANCE GIG SCENARIO LIVE" is a stretch for sure especially as a OMB surprised doing a 4 or 5 hour gig playing and singing with styles alone,...dance crowds want to hear what they hear on the radio, TV, etc, etc, so they can party hearty,...AKB have their place & limitations as does any instrument.....I respect both art forms,...there is room for us all. I think they make both stronger also.

Edited by Dnj (11/24/13 04:20 PM)

#376310 - 11/24/13 04:14 PM Re: Tyros 5 (Order in a Pizza) [Re: DannyUK]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hey Danny,
I have at least 20 Songs in my set up to do Dance Trance Stuff.
There are some great Styles in the Tyros as well as many song specific Dance/Trance Styles on the Yamaha Website.
Plus I have created a few of my own using Style Assembly.
I couldn't do a whole night, but the Tyros is a very capable all round machine. wink
Just my opinion...
Eric

#376312 - 11/24/13 04:18 PM Re: Tyros 5 (Order in a Pizza) [Re: Dnj]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hey Donny,
I couldn't do the kind of country stuff that Don is doing on my KB, because it is not in my blood... smile
But top 40 Dance/Pop stuff is in my blood and not that hard...
Eric

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online