SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#3758 - 03/26/05 03:08 PM 20% resctocking fee sam Ash, %15 at Guitar Center..
Timo1 Offline

Loc: USA
most of you may know this already but here goes..

wanted to give you guys a heads up... I bought 2 casio 3500 keyboards at Sam Ash and was told by 2 different salesman that there was a 30 return policy if you dont like em..I figured I would give em a whirl but under 2 weeks later I returned the keyboards. When I did I was told by the manager there is a 20% restocking fee or the option of store credit on all keyboard purchases.. Store credit is ok but I did not want $750 of my money tied up at Sam Ash, what if theres a great deal in the local newspaper etc or a online on a item they dont have... anyways sure enough on the back of the receipt it says %20 restocking fee on keyboards and some other items... I checked Guitar Center and there is %15 restocking on workstation keyboards..

Turned out we went back in today and the slaesman was very honest and told the manager he thought it was a 30 day warranty on keyboards and that he had told us that..the manager gets kudos because he did the right thing and gave us a refund of our money ...

just a heads up to you guys like me who want to try before you buy!

#3759 - 03/26/05 07:09 PM Re: 20% resctocking fee sam Ash, %15 at Guitar Center..
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Re stocking fees help offset losses ..
How many of us want to buy a new keyboard, that is used for two weeks and returned..Dealers have to discount these units to move them...15% is usually the norm.
It is unfair to expect 30 day returns at small dealers..Large chains can, but it will catch up to them also[remember Mars]..

#3760 - 03/26/05 08:33 PM Re: 20% resctocking fee sam Ash, %15 at Guitar Center..
Timo1 Offline

Loc: USA
I just wanted everyone to know the policy of these stores.. if they told me upfront 20% restocking. I would have not purchased it there.. I would have waited till our local Costco had it or would have paid a bit more (if it didn't qualify as a workstation)and purchased it at guitar center... or with a Casio they will usually show up at Sams club or Costco I would probally bought them there..

.. hmm im not sure if the return policy will catch up with compaines...from what Ive seen Costco has the best return policy going (peeps told me they returned dvd player after 5 months) and they are doing very well financially and filled to the brim with people.. people really don't want to get stuck with something they do not like and they tend to go to places that they can kinda of try it before they buy...

Anyways Im not saying the policy is wrong I just wanted peeps to be aware of what the policy is on keyboards. .. I will shop Sam ash again and I was impressed in the end with the salesman honesty and the managers refund..

However it seems like there should be a sign above the keyboards like they have at best buys for exceptions in there 30 day return policy (opened software,notebook comps etc.).. it seemed like they were not emphasasizing this policy very strongly to there salesman..both of the salesman's I asked didn't know about the keyboard %20 stocking fee policy... it shouldn't just be on fine print on the back of your receipt..

P.S.
in my case I liked many things about the keyboard however I like switching drum paches, tempo etc during live performance using banks.. I used it this way with the previous casio model wk1800 for years... tried the same thing and the thing couldn't switch without midi delays... people would be clapping and singing along and wham everyone is slightly off the beat.. Ick..

Anyways just my 2 cents hehe

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online