SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#375113 - 11/13/13 09:22 AM Re: Styles parts comparison [Re: mrdave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony, for some strange reason, I always seem to find the right one, and I usually don't have to look very far to find it. And, I can improve on it by using the keyboard's onboard Style Creator program.

I think what really amazes me, and Diki too, is the number of people that seem to want the world's total arranger keyboard functions built into THEIR keyboards, when 99.9 percent of those same individuals never take the time to crack the user manual, let alone delve into the keyboard's myriad of incredible features. I know of several forum members here that have never taken an operating manual out of the Zip-Loc bag in came in when the keyboard arrived at the front door.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#375120 - 11/13/13 09:54 AM Re: Styles parts comparison [Re: mrdave]
Dnj Offline

Good post Gary

#375124 - 11/13/13 10:44 AM Re: Styles parts comparison [Re: mrdave]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
To be quite honest a user manual is a waste of time, as in 99.9% of cases they are indecipherable, the best way is just play about with what you have got and see what happens. (A quick start up guide is always good though)

Bill

#375152 - 11/13/13 02:23 PM Re: Styles parts comparison [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Tony, for some strange reason, I always seem to find the right one, and I usually don't have to look very far to find it. And, I can improve on it by using the keyboard's onboard Style Creator program.

I think what really amazes me, and Diki too, is the number of people that seem to want the world's total arranger keyboard functions built into THEIR keyboards, when 99.9 percent of those same individuals never take the time to crack the user manual, let alone delve into the keyboard's myriad of incredible features. I know of several forum members here that have never taken an operating manual out of the Zip-Loc bag in came in when the keyboard arrived at the front door.

Cheers,

Gary cool

Gary ... that's what I was getting at - having the tools/options available to create the intro/break/fill/ending I want for any particular song ...

#375178 - 11/13/13 04:20 PM Re: Styles parts comparison [Re: mrdave]
travlin'easy Offline

Bill,

With every keyboard I've owned over the past two decades, I've been able to sit down with the user manual next to the keyboard and go through all the features. Never had a problem deciphering them, but I will admit, they are very poorly written and constructed.

Gary cool

#375460 - 11/16/13 06:21 PM Re: Styles parts comparison [Re: mrdave]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
They are manuals, not tutorials...

#375464 - 11/16/13 06:40 PM Re: Styles parts comparison [Re: mrdave]
travlin'easy Offline

Yes, they are. I've written several tutorials, though, based upon what I learned from the manuals,plus practical experience using the products first hand.

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (11/16/13 06:41 PM)

#375465 - 11/16/13 06:52 PM Re: Styles parts comparison [Re: travlin'easy]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Yes, they are. I've written several tutorials, though, based upon what I learned from the manuals,plus practical experience using the products first hand.
Gary cool

Actually, there is a wealth of info on PSR Tutorial...hence the name. wink

There is also a section of the forum called "Secrets You Won't Find in the Manual".

Great stuff all around.

Gary, you have contributed much to PSR Tutorial, both in the main section and on the forum...many have learned a lot from your information, including me.

You have my gratitude.

Ian

#375490 - 11/16/13 08:49 PM Re: Styles parts comparison [Re: mrdave]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I'm not really sure factory Tutorials are all that great. TBH, they seldom explore the more creative parts of the OS, tend to be glib, facile pablum that most, other than the rawest tyro, already know how to do.

On the whole, the User Forums for most gear do a FAR better job than any factory tutorial to explain features and demonstrate capabilities.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online