SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#374672 - 11/10/13 08:49 AM Ketron Audya drums
underdog Offline

Hi Can anyone tell me how to disable the live audio drums in the Ketron Audya in all styles and replace them with midi drums.
I would like to be ale to separate the different drums and send to different outputs like in the SD1.
Thank you.

Edited by underdog (11/10/13 08:52 AM)

#374677 - 11/10/13 10:38 AM Re: Ketron Audya drums [Re: underdog]
sl72 Offline

I dont think you can do it like that. I think you have to press the
Style view button, and than change the drums for every part of the style ( intro 1,2,3. Variation, ending). Then save the style as a user style.

Stian

#374682 - 11/10/13 11:36 AM Re: Ketron Audya drums [Re: sl72]
underdog Offline

Thank you for replying.Can you please tell me how to disable or mute the user audio drums in a style.When I open the style view and press F1 button twice display then shows Drum bank or User Audio Drum (OFF)I cannot seem to get this saved (I press save and save as a different name and also tried exit and save style) but every time I exit and reopen style view window,the audio drums are back again at same volume.
I would like to have midi drums and be able go to drum mixer,change volumes and pan and then to assign kick and snare to different outputs.

#374683 - 11/10/13 12:09 PM Re: Ketron Audya drums [Re: underdog]
sl72 Offline

Sorry, never done that myself. Maybe someone else has tried this?

Stian.

#374731 - 11/10/13 07:59 PM Re: Ketron Audya drums [Re: sl72]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi my friend,

Simply set the audio drum volumes = 0 for the tracks you don't want them. Then set the midi drums to your preferred volume. The Audya will play midi drums, audio drums & grooves all at the same time. You control how you want to use by the volume settings only.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

#374755 - 11/11/13 06:15 AM Re: Ketron Audya drums [Re: Henni]
underdog Offline

Thank you Henni.Please excuse my stupidity but can you please tell me how to get all the midi drums to play.I set the volume of the audio drums to 0 as you said.When I try to use midi drums,all that seems to sound is the bass drum and sometimes a handclap.(No snare,toms or cymbals ect)
All volumes in the drum mixer is full up at 15 and I have tried switching outputs.
I would really appreciate help. Thank you

#374764 - 11/11/13 07:34 AM Re: Ketron Audya drums [Re: underdog]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi my friend,

Midi drums will only play if the style came with them. Remember that audio drums and grooves are pre programmed loops that you select from the libraries. Not so with midi. Most origal ketron styles won't have midi info for the drums as they were created from scratch using audio drums. However, converted 3rd party styles comes only with midi drums which you can rrplace with audii drums. In this case my advice to you will apply. I hope this is clear.

All the best my friend,

Henni

#374795 - 11/11/13 09:33 AM Re: Ketron Audya drums [Re: Henni]
underdog Offline

Thank you Henni for your information.I understand now exactly what you mean. I only wish that Ketron would consulted the people on this forum for advice on how to write the an owners manual that everybody could understand.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online