SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#37472 - 11/30/10 06:28 AM Audya Vocal Harmonizer
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
I think for most of us that use the harmonizer in our Audya will agree it's certainly not the best.

I have tried every adjustment and have changed the settings without much improvement.

There is a mechanical unnatural sound I can't get rid of.

TC Helicon has just come out with a new product called Voice Live Touch.

Do any of you use a external vocal harmonizer controlling it with midi?

I sing a lot of backup vocals and 3 or 4 part harmony really adds a nice touch.

The harmonizer in the Tyros 3 is not much better.

Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks!

#37473 - 11/30/10 06:38 AM Re: Audya Vocal Harmonizer
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Admittedly,I haven't used it very much but find it okay for what it offers. The only real problem I have is learning how to set it up for different harmonies and have it follow the chords of amidi track. I know you must set the GM to vocal but then what ? The manual seems to not give you any options for midi play.

I have no problem doing this on my G70.

#37474 - 11/30/10 10:28 PM Re: Audya Vocal Harmonizer
player 1 Offline

Loc: Vargon Sweden
I have the same feeling about the harmonizer, there is a mechanical sound. comes and go. When the price is so high for Audya you can expect a very good harmonizer like helicons products and they are not so very expencive

#37475 - 11/30/10 11:49 PM Re: Audya Vocal Harmonizer
pastroccio Offline

Loc: Italia
hi, I use voicelive 2 with audya and it work very good. as you know voicelive 2 is the big hof tc helicon, but you can use the little model too. I have connected to the 2 micro in (1 pan to left and mic 2 pan to right) it work very good because I use noise gate and compressor too of voicelive2, the audya compressos is very very bad and not has noisegate. the only different is that with harmony control volume you cannot change the volume of voicelive 2 but it has many program step to memorize different level end effect. I like auyda, but the ketron is the bad bad vocalist I hear and microfon processing too

#37476 - 12/01/10 08:23 AM Re: Audya Vocal Harmonizer
Mr. G Offline

Loc: Monroe, Mi. USA
I use a T.C. Helicon with my Audya 5 and it works great. A midi cable from the Audya to the harmonizer, the TC on midi ch. 4 and it will follow perfectly. I use a boss fs-5L foot switch on the floor to turn the harmony on and off. Hope this is helpful.
Mr. G ,OASYS , KRONOS ,Jupiter 80 , AUDYA 5, Midas Venice ,Danley Labs sm-60f's ,Danley TH mini subs, QSC KW 122's,118 sub , Senhieser and Heil , Audix VX-10 , TC_Helicon ,ZOOM 9200, Lexicon ,Alesis ,AKG solid tube ,AB international Power Sub3600

#37477 - 12/02/10 11:37 AM Re: Audya Vocal Harmonizer
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Will the Helicon automatically follow any SMF regardless of which tracks are used for melody, etc ?

#37478 - 12/03/10 08:01 AM Re: Audya Vocal Harmonizer
Mr. G Offline

Loc: Monroe, Mi. USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie9:
Will the Helicon automatically follow any SMF regardless of which tracks are used for melody, etc ?

I don't know about a smf, But when I record a song into my korg sequencer I useually put my pianno on track 3 for the basic chords. I will put the TC on midi ch. 3 and the TC will follow the sequencer as it plays in automation. you can watch the chords change on the TC as the sequencer plays back your song. I have not used any midi files but as long as it is transmitting midi data I can't see any reason why it would not work the same.
Mr. G ,OASYS , KRONOS ,Jupiter 80 , AUDYA 5, Midas Venice ,Danley Labs sm-60f's ,Danley TH mini subs, QSC KW 122's,118 sub , Senhieser and Heil , Audix VX-10 , TC_Helicon ,ZOOM 9200, Lexicon ,Alesis ,AKG solid tube ,AB international Power Sub3600

#37479 - 12/03/10 04:11 PM Re: Audya Vocal Harmonizer
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Coming from the SD1, I really miss the on-line effects button to access the harmonizer.

Audya has been hard to get use to.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online