SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#374741 - 11/11/13 01:20 AM T5 MP3s...
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi all,

If any of you should find mp3s of the T5 demos, please post the links here. I've listened to all the demos that Yamaha hosted & really, without being nasty, simply cannot find the WOW factor that so many vouched for. Yes, it's a nice arranger but as for the wow... Maybe if more style demos become available I might change my mind.

I always collect all the demos of all new arrangers & would like a full mp3 collection of the T5 also.

Keep well all my friends,

Henni

#374743 - 11/11/13 02:05 AM Re: T5 MP3s... [Re: Henni]
TheWolf Offline

Loc: Finland

How about ya record 'em yourself, sizzle chest.

#374744 - 11/11/13 02:49 AM Re: T5 MP3s... [Re: TheWolf]
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
Not a very nice reply to a harmless request Wolf.
who's rattled your cage this morning.

I hope we are not going into the usual mode where no one is allowed to mention the new Tyros unless they are full of praise.

I know it's early days yet but I also want to see something which has the wow factor.

Let's see what happens and let everyone freely express their own opinion without any rancour.
Tony

#374748 - 11/11/13 04:23 AM Re: T5 MP3s... [Re: Henni]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I agree, Tony, there is no need to be mean spirited, even if Henni hasn't recently been the poster boy for gushing praise about arranger keyboards other than his own rig.

He certainly should be allowed his opinion, as that's all it is...just an opinion.

Many here have personal brand favorites, and Henni has never hidden the fact that he feels his Doohickey made by Whatstheirnames is merely, in his words "AWESOME", so who can argue with that kind of loyalty and allegiance?

Personally, I'm happy for anyone that is chuffed with their keyboard selection, whether it's purchased hot off the assembly line, or bought second hand (like Henni's).

In regards to Henni's request, there are several free programs available to convert the rapidly growing number of official and unofficial Tyros5 YouTube videos to mp3 format.

Ian

#374754 - 11/11/13 05:59 AM Re: T5 MP3s... [Re: ianmcnll]
Henni Offline

Aah Ian,

I notice with interest you don't have the guts to be as nasty with the rest who share my point of view. I'm afraid with all the secrecy and hype going on for awhile that I expected something just a little more amazing, that's all.

And yes, I still love my 2nd hand Audya.

Cheers mate,

Henni

#374756 - 11/11/13 06:23 AM Re: T5 MP3s... [Re: Henni]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I don't think it takes guts to be a basher. Ian, myself, and many others don't resort to such rancor.

I think my Audya is better than the T5 and most others, but that doesn't mean everyone has to agree with me.

#374757 - 11/11/13 06:43 AM Re: T5 MP3s... [Re: Henni]
Jonesy Offline

The Audya is a great instrument, that's for sure. The styles are simply amazing! Having said that I can't wait to try out the Tyros 5, it sounds pretty amazing too! I think whatever we play we should be thankful that manufacturers keep on improving these great instruments and giving us new features to play with! Enjoy whatever your instrument of choice is, Regards, Mark

#374758 - 11/11/13 07:00 AM Re: T5 MP3s... [Re: Henni]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Henni
Aah Ian,

I notice with interest you don't have the guts to be as nasty with the rest who share my point of view. I'm afraid with all the secrecy and hype going on for awhile that I expected something just a little more amazing, that's all.

And yes, I still love my 2nd hand Audya.

Cheers mate,

Henni

Not have the guts? Ha Ha!

Hardly.

Shows how little you read my posts, but, that's okay, I've tended to skim over yours lately due to the reasons stated above, however it sometimes doesn't require "guts" to be nasty, as you have sometimes illustrated.

I have often expressed my admiration for the Audya's great styles, maybe not nearly as much as you, but I'm probably, by nature, more conservative than you, so I haven't included it in nearly all my posts.

By the way, any luck getting the BK-9 styles? If not, have you tried the Roland Arranger forum?

I think only the BK-7m styles are available, as someone sent them to me a while ago...but no BK-9.

I think it has something to do with difficulty in downloading from the instrument.

Ian

#374767 - 11/11/13 07:46 AM Re: T5 MP3s... [Re: ianmcnll]
Henni Offline

Ian,

I have not compared it to the Audya at all. I've read quite a few remarks stating that it surpasses anything currently available. Those new ensemble voices are nice, but listening to the styles which must surely use them, it does not sound extra ordinary. I have nothing against Yamaha. In fact I owned one and created my share of styles for them exactly as I did for the Audya. I just expected more, that's all.

Cheers,

Henni

#374771 - 11/11/13 08:26 AM Re: T5 MP3s... [Re: Henni]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Henni
Ian,

I have not compared it to the Audya at all. I've read quite a few remarks stating that it surpasses anything currently available. Those new ensemble voices are nice, but listening to the styles which must surely use them, it does not sound extra ordinary. I have nothing against Yamaha. In fact I owned one and created my share of styles for them exactly as I did for the Audya. I just expected more, that's all.

Cheers,

Henni

Henni, there is no arranger made that can be adequately and fairly compared to the way the Audya sounds...it is definitely more "live" sounding than anything else by Yamaha, Korg, Roland and Wersi.

It's use of Audio Styles (Yamaha just uses Audio Drums) gives it an edge, although, I feel Yamaha's Mega Voices and Korg's DNC have brought them quite a bit closer.

Also, you have a guy like AJ in your corner, who goes beyond the call of duty far more than I see elsewhere.

And yes, I have acknowledged your great contributions of styles to PSR Tutorial many times here on SZ. I have some on my HD.

I hope someone is equally as charitable (and hard working), sends you the BK-9 styles.

I think the Tyros5 sounds exceptional, in the same way I thought my Tyros4 sounded impressive when it was introduced.

Ian

#374775 - 11/11/13 08:41 AM Re: T5 MP3s... [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

[/quote]
the same way I thought my Tyros4 sounded impressive when it was introduced.
Ian[/quote]

Oh Boy.... I see a change coming on... rolleyes

#374778 - 11/11/13 08:45 AM Re: T5 MP3s... [Re: Henni]
ianmcnll Offline

Nope, no change...still on the honeymoon with the Tyros4.

Ian

#374780 - 11/11/13 08:47 AM Re: T5 MP3s... [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

Ian

ok we'll see........ wink

#374782 - 11/11/13 08:54 AM Re: T5 MP3s... [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... what about YOU, Donny ... wink

#374783 - 11/11/13 08:59 AM Re: T5 MP3s... [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
... what about YOU, Donny ... wink

I love the new Tyros 5...from what I can see & see so far as expected..I will hold off until the next S-950 model comes out just to be sure,......by then I might make the switch to the T5 61, or NEW S model we'll see,.....Im in no rush.....

This T5 sounds amazing!! cool2

#374784 - 11/11/13 09:04 AM Re: T5 MP3s... [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

Ian

ok we'll see........ wink

Donny, unless I win the lotto and want a divorce from my Tyros4, it ain't gonna happen.

And, there's not much likelihood of the above, especially the former, as one has to buy a ticket first...ha ha!

IF I do buy anything in the new year, it probably won't even be a Yamaha; it will quite likely the 88-note Casio PX-5S.

I certainly don't need more from an arranger than the Tyros4 already gives me.

Are you staying with the PSR-S-series?

Ian

#374785 - 11/11/13 09:06 AM Re: T5 MP3s... [Re: Henni]
124 Offline

What's the usual timeframe for a new 'S' to follow a 'T'?

#374803 - 11/11/13 10:35 AM Re: T5 MP3s... [Re: Henni]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Here a Mp3 of the Tyros 5 internal Demo

http://www.tastenwelt.de/fileadmin/user_...Tyros5_Demo.mp3

Impuls

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online