SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#374530 - 11/08/13 02:30 PM Re: T5 Pictures and Song [Re: hammer]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By: hammer
I can't help but remember the day my Tyros 4 arrived. It was about 3PM. At 4AM I was still playing with it and beginning to wish I had not bought it.

Deane

Hi Deane,

Do you mind if you could elaborate a little on what made you feel this way initially? I still own a T3 (in mint condition) and every time I go to try and justify the upgrade something inside stops me and I don't know what it is that's doing that.

#374531 - 11/08/13 03:11 PM Re: T5 Pictures and Song [Re: DannyUK]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Danny,
At first it seemed to me the T3 and T4 did not sound very different. It wasn't until I really got into the T4 and started using various voices together with the on-board styles that it became clear the T4 had a lot more to offer. I was playing my T3 setups on the T4 and they didn't sound much different. There was a very definite difference in the quality of sound produced by the T4 that the T3 did not have when using the onboard sounds and styles. It wasn't the kind of difference that jumped out and knocked your socks off but there is a difference.

Hope this helps.

Deane

#374544 - 11/08/13 05:33 PM Re: T5 Pictures and Song [Re: hammer]
DannyUK Offline

Thanks Deane, yes that was helpful.

If I could get a decent exchange for my T3 I would go for a T4.

#374546 - 11/08/13 05:44 PM Re: T5 Pictures and Song [Re: hammer]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
One of the upgrades I liked most about the Tyros4 from the Tyros3 was the former's ability to use SA/SA2 voices in the styles.

Let's face it, an arranger keyboard's soul is in it's styles.

Most of the T4's preset styles use SA/SA2 them to great effect, as do the Premium Styles, and, of course, with Style Creator you have a lot more tone colors to work with.

I'm still exploring and enjoying even after almost two years.

Ian

#374553 - 11/08/13 07:04 PM Re: T5 Pictures and Song [Re: ianmcnll]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
One of the upgrades I liked most about the Tyros4 from the Tyros3 was the former's ability to use SA/SA2 voices in the styles.

I've noticed something about that. When using T4 styles on the T3, if the track has an SA voice, the T3 will play it (as long as the voice already exists within the keyboard). I thought that was cool. So in other words, even though the T3 doesn't allow for you to select the SA voice for editing, if the T4 style already has it programmed it will play it on the T3!

Edited by DannyUK (11/08/13 07:05 PM)

#374556 - 11/08/13 11:03 PM Re: T5 Pictures and Song [Re: DannyUK]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that today, and quite unexpectedly I will become the proud owner of a Tyros 4 ( Special Edition....no less) to sit next to my old and trusted Korg PA800. I still have to get rid of my PSR750 but that should not be too much of a problem with Santa arriving. I cannot seem to part with my Korg PA800 ( for good reasons) but the PSR was not the real Mc.Coy. Playing at a friend's place I thought I would swap it for a secondhand Tyros 2 ( keeping an eye on the purse strings that is) but after due consultation and good advice from several experts and the green light from the missus I opted for a secondhand Tyros 4. At present here in Holland the market begins to get flooded with folks dying to lay their hands on the tyros 5 thus offering a good selection of used Tyros 4 arrangers at affordable prices.
I am sure that Deane will ultimately return to either a T4 or a T5 and with the added bonus of the small but dynamite KMA will have a topnotch set upv smile smile

regards,
John

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online