SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#374116 - 11/03/13 08:29 AM pass words HELP!!!!!
jd5live Offline

Loc: Bilston , West Midlands,Englan...
confusedHi Folks, I have some old discs with sequences on them but they are passworded is there a way to reset them to NO password?
Regards John confused1

PS I have A KN7000.

#374135 - 11/03/13 12:20 PM Re: pass words HELP!!!!! [Re: jd5live]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Do you mean floppy disks John - that's a new one on me...passwords...Rog

#374142 - 11/03/13 05:09 PM Re: pass words HELP!!!!! [Re: RMepstead]
jd5live Offline

Hi Roger, yes they are floppy discs, all Technics keyboards have been able to set a password of 2 digits to prevent copying.
I have a number of old KN3000 discs which have seq files,I have got the passwords but want to save the files without passwords,on the KN7000 the protection also operates with the SD card Regards John.

Edited by jd5live (11/03/13 05:10 PM)

#374164 - 11/04/13 12:46 AM Re: pass words HELP!!!!! [Re: jd5live]
HarryG Offline

Loc: Germany
Hi John,

it is difficult for me to explain, how the data can be saved without a password.
I attempt to explain once. Maybe you can help Rog.

Delete Password for KN7000 Composer:

Ever you got a password protected style on your KN7000? After you was finished editing a style, you couldn't save its and it was asking for a password.
So, before you editing the style, make sure you have initialized all performance by doing the folowing steps:

1. Initialize all performance by pressing Program Menu->Control->Initial->Performance.
2. Load your style normally with the Composer turned off (page 2 on the load screen).
3. Load single your Composer by accessing page 3 on the load screen. Load them as bank. First, load Memory A then B, then C.
4. Edit your style.
5. Save your cracked style normally. It won't asking for a password again.

#374232 - 11/04/13 11:08 AM Re: pass words HELP!!!!! [Re: HarryG]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Thanks Harry - I understand that.
I may never have to use it but I understand it.
Roger M

#374282 - 11/04/13 11:27 PM Re: pass words HELP!!!!! [Re: RMepstead]
HarryG Offline

Loc: Germany
Hi,

Thank you Rog!

Incidentally, it is also possible to protect the styles with a password on KN 7000. The procedure is similar.

#374295 - 11/05/13 03:30 AM Re: pass words HELP!!!!! [Re: HarryG]
technicsplayer Offline

It's been MANY years since I did this, but if you have a hex editor it is possible to change the password to default as long as you had the machine the file was saved on (which I had all since the KN800). Save a file with your own password, load up sequencer, then composer etc etc, in the editor to find the locations where the 2 digits are saved, they are quite close to the beginning of the file. Now you can either find the password in the protected file, or change it to your password, or look up the default ascii for no password in a clean file and substitute. This certainly worked from KN800 up to KN3000 or 5000. I never had to do this on 6000 and later files and suspect it may not be possible since compression was introduced which would negate a simple substitution unless the header was outside the compression algorithm. I seem to remember the only password protected retail files I came across were KN2000 sequences or thereabouts.

#374549 - 11/08/13 06:26 PM Re: pass words HELP!!!!! [Re: technicsplayer]
jd5live Offline

Thank you Mr Technicsplayer, yes I remember now changing the hex codes back in the early 1990's at my shop in Tamworth when trying to swap kn styles over to the GN9 organ without much success in the dim and distant past as you said MANY years ago!!!. I have found the codes and now managed to remove the passwords,the Germans offered a vast number of software discs from software houses now no longer trading and it was for these discs I needed to unlock and use with the KN7000 we in the UK missed out with a lack of support from Panasonic UK. Even with the great support of yourself,Phil and Lutz with great books of tips and tricks plus the full know how to do!!
I know Neil offers a fantastic range of styles but Europe still offers a wide range of second-hand software from the KN range of yesterday all usable with the KN6,65 or 7000. keeping the 7 at the forefront and proving how far ahead it was in it's day over a decade ago,how time quickly passes!!!
Regards John.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online