SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#374346 - 11/06/13 07:10 AM Yamaha's Natural! voices (on CVPs but not Tyros)
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Posted this in PSR, adding here for those that use this forum and not the other ...

I did some more "digging" and it appears (from looking at Tyros4 and CVP-609 Data List documents) that the CVP-609 has 96 voices that are not in any current Tyros.

It does appear to be as someone else mentioned - a CVP_609 is really "two sound generators" - one is like a Tyros4 and has 128 voice polyphony and maybe ~1,000 or so voices; the other is the "Natural"! sound generator, with 128 more voices of polyphony, which they use for the Pianos, some E-Pianos, some orchestral instruments, and about 5-6 or so Pipe Organ sounds - none of which seem to be in the Tyros4.

And after playing a CVP-609, I was hoping those sounds would be
in a Tyros 5 - I especially liked the ~5 additional Classical Pipe Organ Natural! voices in the CVP-609 that are unforuntately not in any Tyros. (the Tyros 5 specs did not list Natural! as a voice type).

Jim

#374366 - 11/06/13 01:12 PM Re: Yamaha's Natural! voices (on CVPs but not Tyros) [Re: jimlaing]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
I had a chance to make 2 records using CVP-609. The keys were a little to hard for me since I'm used to play the PSR.

https://soundcloud.com/sergey-kadyrov-1/red-1
https://soundcloud.com/sergey-kadyrov-1/inevitable

#374375 - 11/06/13 04:51 PM Re: Yamaha's Natural! voices (on CVPs but not Tyros) [Re: jimlaing]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Wow! Really sounds great Sergey. You have magical fingers and a very creative mind. Love the songs you have posted.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online