SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#374169 - 11/04/13 04:29 AM YIKES - my first real problem with the PA900
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Aside from the (user error)mic debacle of 2013, I have had a recurring issue with my 900. On 3 separate occasions, about 1/2 way through a 4 hour show the Keyboard locks up, sends a single high tone pitch out through the speakers and the outputs and needs to be shut down before i can proceed. It happened the first time about a month ago, and I said "Maybe it's the house ... maybe it's a fluctuation in the AC current"
Second time ... happened in a different venue, so I thought ... "hmmm, maybe cables, connections?" So I changed them all.
This weekend, with new cables, different venue again, same thing happened. The only commonality that I can recall is that I'm usually pushing buttons when it triggers the lock-down. (changing sounds, loading styles etc) - Never from the touchscreen, just the buttons.

So, scientists ... thoughts? Any precedents out there? Before I call the judge, I wanted to toss it in front of the jury.

Other than that - I'm still on the honeymoon with this little baby. Best fit I've had in ages ... maybe the best fit to date.

#374172 - 11/04/13 05:26 AM Re: YIKES - my first real problem with the PA900 [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

That has happened to me with my Korgs also many times....I feel its the quick button changes that collide and "cant be processed fast enough" by the operating system that causes the lockups.
Not a good thing while performing. mad When this occurs You have to fade out gracefully looking like nothing is happening (Smile),... then reboot, and meanwhile turn to a backing track off the laptop while it reboots. The show must go on. keys
So Dave what next for you, .. wink

Edited by Dnj (11/04/13 05:27 AM)

#374184 - 11/04/13 06:45 AM Re: YIKES - my first real problem with the PA900 [Re: Uncle Dave]
billyhank Offline

Dave,

My Pa900 has done that twice and it is the same as your PC and the OS is crashed.

I am not sure what I did to cause it to happen, but I was using imported styles at the time and one of those may have been corrupted.

Pay attention to which style you are using when that happens - and it could be more than one.

Keep us posted on your findings please!

Bill G

#374186 - 11/04/13 07:09 AM Re: YIKES - my first real problem with the PA900 [Re: Uncle Dave]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Perhaps this could be fixed by a simple OS update?

Ian

#374187 - 11/04/13 07:26 AM Re: YIKES - my first real problem with the PA900 [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Perhaps this could be fixed by a simple OS update?

Ian

Ian this has happened on many of my KORG units thru the years....maybe the OS processor sped needs to be increased greatly to accommodate the quick changes. I hope they correct this in future models confused1

#374188 - 11/04/13 07:34 AM Re: YIKES - my first real problem with the PA900 [Re: ianmcnll]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I don't know if this will help or not, but I had a similar 'lock-up' problem early on with my Pa600, but without the high pitch sound ... My dealer got in touch with KORG and they let me swap for a new one but the same thing happened ... after a few back and forth e-mails with KORG customer service, it was suggested that I get a new USB drive, format it on the KORG and then use it only for KORG files (song specific styles and STS that I had set up) and midi files loaded from a pc onto the USB drive ... fortunately, no problems since ...
I found KORG customer service to be very responsive and helpful at that time ...

#374189 - 11/04/13 07:39 AM Re: YIKES - my first real problem with the PA900 [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Sounds like a software issue, Dave, but maybe the folks at Korg could shed some more light on the problem.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#374191 - 11/04/13 07:45 AM Re: YIKES - my first real problem with the PA900 [Re: travlin'easy]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
It is OS problem.I don't know what is Korg doing with this and why.My pa600 locked few times.Not like Dave explained.My would lock when I edit some style.I can still play but I can't change the screen .I don't know if they fixed with new OS.I still have to install it.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#374193 - 11/04/13 08:09 AM Re: YIKES - my first real problem with the PA900 [Re: mirza]
Dnj Offline

Usually the last "note" played before this occasional LOCKUP occurs will "HOLD" until you reboot the KB if it happened while playing. keys
It always left me unsecured & less confident worrying something could happen at anytime,....
I hate embarrassing moments on stage. shocked

#374195 - 11/04/13 08:17 AM Re: YIKES - my first real problem with the PA900 [Re: Uncle Dave]
124 Offline

Dave, as the 'stuck note' is sounding, hold 'shift' and press the 'start/stop' button. That's always been the get-out-of-Dodge manoeuvre for the problem ever since i30 days, afaik. Beyond that, I don't know. Far be it from me claiming to be a techie.:) Hope this works for you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online