SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#369 - 01/15/05 04:00 PM Any good software to make some samples?
lkneedles Offline

Loc: chile
im noob on this type of stuff, is it possible to use any Sampling software with my very old keyboard YAMAHA TYU-40 with the "Line In" input of my sound card?

this is the keyboard: http://users.informatik.haw-hamburg.de/~windle_c/TableHooters/picts/Yamaha_TYU-40.jpeg

any help is welcome thnx...

#370 - 01/15/05 04:06 PM Re: Any good software to make some samples?
lkneedles Offline

by the way... what`s the difference between sythetiser`s and samplers?

#371 - 01/18/05 10:22 AM Re: Any good software to make some samples?
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
If the keyboard has midi out capabilities, then yes, you can use it as a controller for a sampler.

If your interested in software sampling devices, I'm sure you'll find one here...

http://www.kvr audio.com/get.php?mode=...&sort=1&rpp=100

BTW, 30 or so of these are freeware..

Your question about the difference is very broad. There are many types of synths. Generally, they work by using preloaded samples ( workstations ) and / or generating electric tone waves ( Analog- sine, square, etc ). This is very basic info though.. There are many types of synthesis. Go have a look at KVR audio and click on "Instruments". You'll see what I mean... and those are just software synths.

A sampler is a piece of equipment that allows the user to record his / her own samples and then play them back via a midi controller ( often a keyboard ) or sequencer. Several synths and workstations include sampling facilities as well.

There are many sites that can answer this more fully ( and a lot better ). I would suggest a search in google. There are also plenty of good links at the Synthzone homepage.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 01-18-2005).]

#372 - 01/18/05 12:19 PM Re: Any good software to make some samples?
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
AJ,
I think he wants to make samples from sounds of his yamaha.

Ilknees,
If you want to make samples from sounds of your Yamaha, you can do that with any wave recording software.
You will find ton's of freeware on the net to this.
In case you have a soundblaster there's wave recording software with it and probably already installed.

line-out yamaha -> line-in soundcard..

#373 - 01/18/05 05:07 PM Re: Any good software to make some samples?
lkneedles Offline

thanx! for the reply's... i`ve allready done that with my line-in (Ive got a SB audigy) and yes, i could change the sound of my keyboard with the EAX feature.... But i want moooooore effects !

[This message has been edited by lkneedles (edited 01-18-2005).]

#374 - 01/19/05 07:13 AM Re: Any good software to make some samples?
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
I use an EXS-24 (Emagic Logic Pro7. MAC OS X)
I don't realy like the way it handles SampleCell convertion but that's about it. Everything else about it is cool.

You obviously have to own a MAC to use one. And it ain't free!!!

-But yeah, you'll definitely find a lots of stuff at K-v-R site.

-ED-

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online