Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#373882 - 10/31/13 01:17 AM Re: Damned Don Mason... [Re: ianmcnll]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Gary, do you do anything by Boz Scaggs?

I saw Boz live last year at the Santa Barbara Bowl. He was performing with Donald Fagan and Michael McDonald. They were all fantastic and worked so well together.

#373884 - 10/31/13 03:11 AM Re: Damned Don Mason... [Re: Nigel]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Nigel
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Gary, do you do anything by Boz Scaggs?

I saw Boz live last year at the Santa Barbara Bowl. He was performing with Donald Fagan and Michael McDonald. They were all fantastic and worked so well together.

Boz's songs, aren't especially mainstream, but the hooks are very strong, and they work very well as instrumentals.

It was a rare night that someone didn't come up at one of my breaks after hearing either of the above Scaggs's pieces, and ask, "What was that tune; it sounds so familiar, yet I can't put a name on it?"

I bought the DVD of the concert (Live at Great American Music Hall in San Francisco, Aug.2003), and it gets played a lot, at least as often as "Standing in the Shadows of Motown" (Funk Brothers documentary), another gem.

Boz's "Lido Shuffle" is another great tune, too.

That must have been a great concert, Nigel...all those guys are kind of heroes to me.

Ian

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online