SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#373480 - 10/25/13 04:18 AM keyboardless, part two
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

After my first go with Down to the River to Pray, and spurred on by Colin's efforts with the vocaliser here another song using solely the PA800 vocaliser. As a matter of fact it could be recorded as a canon ( Don McClean), which I tried without the Korg but so far the result with the Korg seems to be the better one. I will try and upload the other version as well.

regards,
John
https://app.box.com/s/oy4n8nyr0zic2yhvozzb

#373485 - 10/25/13 06:49 AM Re: keyboardless, part two [Re: john smies]
Dnj Offline

John this project has potential in these early stages, I would say vocal effects need to be addressed, also are you using a "popping" screen on your Mic?......good luck on your next efforts moving ahead.
Hope to hear the final product when done. This demo might help..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEZNd8VAYxk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_sBi_ciNhk&list=RD25tEZNd8VAYxk

Edited by Dnj (10/25/13 06:53 AM)

#373556 - 10/26/13 02:56 AM Re: keyboardless, part two [Re: Dnj]
john smies Offline

Thanks Donny, it was more of an in-between fun thing to do, although I am considering buying an additional Helicon vocaliser, which has to be better than the PA800 built in one.

The choice would be either the TC-Helicon VoiceTone Harmony-M, or the TC HELICON VOICELIVE TOUCH. Any of you who can give me advice on that from first hand experience ?

regards,
John

#373564 - 10/26/13 06:49 AM Re: keyboardless, part two [Re: john smies]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: john smies

Any of you who can give me advice on that from first hand experience ?
regards,
John

Edited by Dnj (10/26/13 06:56 AM)

#373566 - 10/26/13 07:32 AM Re: keyboardless, part two [Re: john smies]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
John,
The VL-M did not work as well as I wanted, but remember - I use right hand triggering of chords to the harmonizer. It seems happiest when it gets it's chord info from the auto arranger. The sound is about on par with the 800/900 built in unit, from what little I could use it.
The VL-Touch2 is worlds ahead of the internal and the smaller M/G series. It offers more voices, more effects, looping, routing .... just a great unit. I actually bought one in my frustration with the early stages of my PA900, but now, I realize - I don't need it. It's been on exactly TWO jobs. I just can't imagine hooking up the extra, now that I conquered the 900 issues. It sells all over for $599, but Sweetwater has a demo for $540 - I'll match that price and pay the shipping if you want this one.
Routing this in stereo into your keyboard will sound fantastic, and give you fingertip control of so many parameters. The floor unit is too hard to navigate without bending down to the floor all the time. I make so many changes to my vocals during a set ... I need the controls at hand.
$540, shipped with footswitch.
215-284-1328
It's got Sweetwater's 2 year warrentee too!

#373582 - 10/26/13 12:58 PM Re: keyboardless, part two [Re: Uncle Dave]
john smies Offline

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your kind offer but I have to admit that my priorities lie elsewhere, hence it will be one of the two units I mentioned earlier on in this thread. I can get the Harmony M brand new at 129 euros and the Live at approx. 200 euros secondhand which will leave me some dough to spend on a planned acoustic guitar swap. That is the problem if you love two ladies at the same time I guess.........

regards,
John

#373613 - 10/27/13 08:21 AM Re: keyboardless, part two [Re: john smies]
Uncle Dave Offline

John, the Hamrmony M works fine if your needs are simple. I like having more than just 2 harmonies pretty often, and I ned that RH control. The HarmonyM didn't handle the live chord triggers well for me.

#373629 - 10/27/13 12:48 PM Re: keyboardless, part two [Re: john smies]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Dave, did you do the software update on your Harmony-M? Shoulda solved the problem you talked about.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#373689 - 10/28/13 05:36 AM Re: keyboardless, part two [Re: john smies]
Uncle Dave Offline

Gary,
I sent it back before I had time to even think of an upgrade. The chording issue was not the only problem for me.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online