SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#373240 - 10/21/13 10:12 AM Re: Online Shop with new styles By Korg.com [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
And we wonder why new styles by the factory or pro style developers are few and far between...!

Perhaps, if we are going to trade commercial styles, it would be better by PM?
computer

#373247 - 10/21/13 11:17 AM Re: Online Shop with new styles By Korg.com [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Dnj Offline

diki that aint gonna happen its too late for that as sooooooo many thousands of styles are floating around everywhere .....but in future arrangers they should make it much easier to create your own styles, either from scratch or Frankenstein them piece by piece from other parts to create what you desire regarding intros, ending, fills, etc.....

#373249 - 10/21/13 12:03 PM Re: Online Shop with new styles By Korg.com [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
[quote=Dnj .... or Frankenstein them piece by piece from other parts ..... [/quote]

Really in the Halloween mode, eh, Donny ... rotfl

#373251 - 10/21/13 12:28 PM Re: Online Shop with new styles By Korg.com [Re: Sokratis 1974]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Making new personalized styles by editing and/or assembling from factory or third party styles is relatively easy...I have done hundreds of style editing tutorials over the many years I worked for Yamaha Canada, and nearly all of my clients are able to do at least basic editing.

I always make my own styles using the Style Assembly and Groove & Dynamics sections of Style Creator, and for years I've been calling my creations my Frankenstyles.

What makes Style Assembly so practical is that the donor parts are already prepped...no need for setting note limits, octaves, NTR or RTR...it's already done.

Many times all it takes is substituting a new bass line or changing a drum kit to make a style work better.

Of course, Intros can reprogrammed and be used as extra stop/fills or even unique Variations.

I rarely use Premium Styles, I'd rather take the already available styles from other Yamaha arrangers (or,even other brands) and re-assemble them into something different than what others are using.

I'm sure Korg's on-board style creator is every bit as effective and just as easy to use.

Ian

PS..I liked that Korg Cool Country style too.

#373254 - 10/21/13 02:04 PM Re: Online Shop with new styles By Korg.com [Re: Diki]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: Diki
And we wonder why new styles by the factory or pro style developers are few and far between...!

Perhaps, if we are going to trade commercial styles, it would be better by PM?
computer

I've found plenty of links to styles on the Roland forum you frequent. Is it all right there but not here? Anyway, as far as I know, nothing in my upload is anything Korg charges extra for. The Musikant styles are merely from the European version of the TOTL Korg, which I bought and paid for.
You CAN buy the Musikant styles, but as far as I know, not from Korg, rather from people who downloaded them and offer them for sale.
DonM

#373340 - 10/23/13 09:14 AM Re: Online Shop with new styles By Korg.com [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I have spoken against the swapping of commercial styles at R-A.com, and the admin has a policy of taking down any commercial styles and SMF's posted there.

#373346 - 10/23/13 09:37 AM Re: Online Shop with new styles By Korg.com [Re: Sokratis 1974]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Good, we are in agreement.
DonM

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online