SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#373189 - 10/19/13 07:17 PM Re: O O T ... WHERE IN THE WORLD ... [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
The beautiful public beach at Mondello Sicily ... the entrance arch to Corso Umberto the main street in Toarmina Sicily, filled with shops of every type and wonderful restaurants ...

Attachments
DSC_0536.JPG

DSC_0595.JPG

#373190 - 10/19/13 07:25 PM Re: O O T ... WHERE IN THE WORLD ... [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

Part of the Toarmina coast ... and the blue blue water ...

Attachments
DSC_0676.JPG

DSC_0677.JPG

#373192 - 10/19/13 07:32 PM Re: O O T ... WHERE IN THE WORLD ... [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

HOLY CANNOLI !!! ... and ciao ITALIA ...

Attachments
DSC02815.JPG

DSC02859.JPG

#373193 - 10/19/13 07:34 PM Re: O O T ... WHERE IN THE WORLD ... [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Welcome back to the U.S. my world traveling friend.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#373194 - 10/19/13 08:00 PM Re: O O T ... WHERE IN THE WORLD ... [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

Obviously, this was the trip of a lifetime, and I have to thank Lydia for agreeing to do it - but that's part of what has kept us together for 50 years ... getting in a car and not knowing exactly where we were going (wish I had a euro for every time we got lost grin ) just added to the adventure ...
The trip was not without some disappointment however ... the biggest of which was that due to scheduling problems we could not meet up with Andrea (Dreamer) in Rome as we did when we traveled to Italy in 2006 ...
also, a day trip to Naples, where my ancestors are from, proved to be a major disappointment ... first, the city is not as clean, nor is it maintained as well as other cities we visited ... and on our way back to our hotel as we boarded the train I put my hand in my pocket only to find someone else's hand there !!! ... the guy slipped into the crowd as easily as he had slipped his hand in my pocket ... I immediately warned others on the train to be careful... there were three nice, clean cut looking young guys on the train and one expressed concern over what had happened to me ... a couple of stops later, the one who expressed the concern ripped a necklace from an older woman's neck and he and his friends ran from the train ... from then on anyone who came close to me was a suspect ...
but things happen, and fortunately we came home safe and sound with countless happy memories to share ...
Thanks for your patience ...

Edited by tony mads usa (10/19/13 08:01 PM)

#373318 - 10/22/13 07:03 PM Re: O O T ... WHERE IN THE WORLD ... [Re: tony mads usa]
chasbee Offline

Loc: Bristol UK.
Tony, I notice that you were in Sicily last week on the 14th October. By coincidence, we were in Sicily on the same day. My wife and I were in Trapani, West of Palermo, up on the north coast. There was an old accordion player busking in the streets in Trapani and although we saw him several times as he wandered the town, the only tune he ever played was The Anniversary Waltz (Danube Waves). I don’t know if we were following you around but we were also in Sorrento and Amalfi on the 15th and in Rome (Trevi Fountain and all) on the 16th. A beautiful part of the world.

#373320 - 10/22/13 07:40 PM Re: O O T ... WHERE IN THE WORLD ... [Re: chasbee]
tony mads usa Offline

chasbee ... Sicily was the last week of 4 weeks in Italy ... we stayed about 5 miles outside of Toarmina, in the small town of Letojanni ... we started in Lake Como, went to Parma, Florence, Rome, Sorrento/Amalfi then Sicily ... this was our secind time in Italy and I can't wait to go back ... it IS SO beautiful ...
Glad you enjoyed it also ...

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online