SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#373065 - 10/16/13 06:52 AM Re: Yamaha is not supporting Audio styles on PSR-S950 [Re: ianmcnll]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

Again, all you see is the negative side, or your side, if you will.

This is the most telling thing you have written, Ian... Basically, you acknowledge that, unless an opinion agrees with YOU, it is a 'negative' one. Can you possibly fail to see the irony here?

You don't see me trying to pass off a contrary opinion from someone else as just them being 'negative'. It is merely a contrary opinion, and I am quite willing to debate or argue the point without bringing up THEIR state of mind. Some, however, when faced with the bankruptcy of their opinion, fall back on the old standby of mocking or attacking the messenger, not the message.

Let me spell it out in simple terms you may understand (one can always hope!). When someone holds an opinion opposite to yours, they are not being 'negative'. Except, perhaps, to someone unwilling to debate the point brought up. If your world view is that every opinion that doesn't agree gushingly with yours is someone being 'negative', you are inflating your own personal opinion to the status of 'fact' in your mind.

The very thing you accuse me of doing. That mirror needs a good washing, Ian.

I have not 'conveniently' forgotten the myriad users of Yamaha's that are happy with it. My suggestion was NOT that Yamaha drop the sound they have used for the last ten years or more, and try to sound just like a Korg or Roland (as much as I might like that idea, personally!), but was that Yamaha, to perhaps ADD users who currently have no choice but to skip Yamaha's because they like the sound of a real live drummer, start to offer Expansion Packs that address the #1 complaint about Yamaha arrangers... Which, BTW, comes not only from non-Yamaha users, but from some Yamaha users able to see past the partisanship of brand 'loyalty', to the place where an improvement would be welcome.

Now, Ian, can we continue to discuss this issue without becoming personal, or is it OK for me to wax on like you, and start to make personal statements? Because, I am quite sure, if I had as little class, I could easily come up with some...

#373078 - 10/16/13 07:55 AM Re: Yamaha is not supporting Audio styles on PSR-S950 [Re: Diki]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Diki

Now, Ian, can we continue to discuss this issue without becoming personal, or is it OK for me to wax on like you, and start to make personal statements? Because, I am quite sure, if I had as little class, I could easily come up with some...

Thanks for your reply Diki.

As been accurately pointed out by several others on other threads...all the way from your chosen Avatar, to the way you manage to find some way of being against (and abrasive) towards nearly everything that gets posted, to the thinly veiled insults about the talent of fellow SZ'ers, it appears to be how you choose to get attention.

And that's really too bad, because underneath you are a relatively talented person and shouldn't need to resort to such antics.

So, there's really no need for me to ever get personal although, it does seem that you feel it is a tactic that works for you lately.

It doesn't work. grin

No, Diki, the best way I can show "class" is to not allow you to negatively affect my otherwise enjoyable time here on the wonderful SZ, and that means no more responding to you.

Perhaps you could muster up a bit of class yourself and do me, and the other forum members, the favor of not responding to this post and thereby ending things here.

Ian

#373103 - 10/16/13 01:49 PM Re: Yamaha is not supporting Audio styles on PSR-S950 [Re: Beakybird]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Have the last word, Ian... it's all you are good for.

#373104 - 10/16/13 02:02 PM Re: Yamaha is not supporting Audio styles on PSR-S950 [Re: Beakybird]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online