SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#372979 - 10/14/13 02:54 PM Re: Yamaha is not supporting Audio styles on PSR-S950 [Re: Beakybird]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
There is really no point to make audio styles for s950's 64mb .Why did Yamaha do this by only adding 64mb I will never understand.It's a great keyboard and Yamaha has some nice expansions made,but you can only use one.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#372981 - 10/14/13 04:15 PM Re: Yamaha is not supporting Audio styles on PSR-S950 [Re: mirza]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: mirza
There is really no point to make audio styles for s950's 64mb .Why did Yamaha do this by only adding 64mb I will never understand.It's a great keyboard and Yamaha has some nice expansions made,but you can only use one.

As I have said elsewhere on SZ, mirza, I was not impressed with the way the S950 implemented additional audio drum based styles, although, admittedly, what was already there did sound rather good to my ears.

In their stead, I would have preferred the S950 had additional (more) preset drum kit choices as they did on Tyros4 and CVP-609, but it's rather late to say that about it now.

Ian

#372992 - 10/15/13 06:01 AM Re: Yamaha is not supporting Audio styles on PSR-S950 [Re: Beakybird]
Dnj Offline

better yet Yamaha should allow users to totally delete audio styles and any other styles factory defaults included from the memory like KORG does so you can use & keep what ever you wish in your KB...

#373006 - 10/15/13 11:20 AM Re: Yamaha is not supporting Audio styles on PSR-S950 [Re: Beakybird]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
If I were the only one dissatisfied with Yamaha's drum sounds, I think you'd have a case for it simply being one person's opinion, Ian... But generally, for those that choose something other than Yamaha, the flatness of the drum sound is the #1 reason anyone picks anything else. Enough people with the SAME 'opinion' can make it a fact, Ian!

It seems a bit strange that Yamaha don't even offer an alternative, simply to scavenge sales they currently can't get. They have the tools to do it... an expansion area for both S950 and T4. Why those areas of RAM have never received an expansion pack that had a couple of great punchy drum KITS (which the ROM styles could be altered to use), and instead you get a somewhat poor selection of ethnic specialties http://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/en/category/VSE/catalog?currency=USD&nav=4 of extremely dubious value to most players NOT from those world areas. Where are the first class drum kits Yamaha are in a perfect position to make? The Tyros has FAR more than enough RAM to put in the entire soundset of the TOTL DTX drum module, should they choose. And the 64MB in the S950 is still more than enough for at least a couple of really detailed kits (drum samples are pretty short!).

But what do Yamaha try to flog us? Chinese, Balkan, Greek sounds... Now, no offense, players in those parts of the world really NEED those sounds. No problem with them at all. But where is the stuff for US? Where is the one thing that would address 90% of criticisms leveled at Yamaha by non-Yamaha playing arranger users?

Yamaha are asleep at the wheel. Can they not see the potential profit selling a really punchy kit Expansion Pack, not only to existing owners (I guarantee, were it available, most Yamaha users would buy it... they sure seem to like the new kits in the T4 and S950!) but as a way to remove objections from those of us that HAVE to use something else if we want realistic, live sounding drums to play along with..?

#373010 - 10/15/13 11:45 AM Re: Yamaha is not supporting Audio styles on PSR-S950 [Re: Diki]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
If I were the only one dissatisfied with Yamaha's drum sounds, I think you'd have a case for it simply being one person's opinion, Ian...

I'm sorry Diki, but that's as far as I can stand to read into your post. I'm not sure what your problem is, but lately everything from you is very negative, and quite frankly, not very interesting.

I used to really enjoy your posts; most were quite captivating, and usually well written, but now you just keep repeating the same mantra over and over about basically the same things...if it isn't ridiculing a manufacturer (all of them, it seems) that doesn't do things the way you think they should be done, it's offering thinly veiled insults about the caliber of talent of fellow SZ'ers.

Try and be happy about life, Diki...you don't always have to look at the glass as being half empty. Go back to being that happy little Diki you used to be.

Ian

#373013 - 10/15/13 12:05 PM Re: Yamaha is not supporting Audio styles on PSR-S950 [Re: Beakybird]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Actually the part you didn't read, Ian, makes a very good point. Just add a few kits as an expansion, then we would have a choice. Yamaha already has the kits in their synths and modules. Anybody who can make that wide variety of wonderful guitar sounds ought to be able to give us similar choices in percussion.
I really do hate it when I agree with Diki. smile
DonM

#373016 - 10/15/13 12:09 PM Re: Yamaha is not supporting Audio styles on PSR-S950 [Re: Beakybird]
ianmcnll Offline

True Don, but it's getting harder to wade through the same old rhetoric and repeated negativity for those diminishing good points.

And yes, I know...I don't have to read the posts if I don't want to...it's just too bad to see them deteriorate, because I did enjoy them quite a bit.

Ian

#373019 - 10/15/13 12:24 PM Re: Yamaha is not supporting Audio styles on PSR-S950 [Re: Beakybird]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Exactly the point I made, Ian. And sorry... if you consider ANYTHING remotely critical of Yamaha as too negative, perhaps you need to remember where you are! This isn't PSR country..!

You can spend your life with your head in the sand, or you can make an effort to recognize that you TOO are not the ultimate arbiter of what is good or bad, right or wrong. If it upsets you to see alternative viewpoints, and the negativity of that remember, I am in EXACTLY the same position of painting everything you say as negative too... simply because I don't agree with it. But you don't see me stoop to that. Can you bring yourself finally to being able to argue something on its merits, or do you still need to bring in personal commentary to bolster it?

Remember, I brought up the point that the vast majority of negative opinion of Yamaha's concerned their washed out drums, this isn't me being negative, this is EVERY non-Yamaha user being negative. You can choose to recognize this, or you can retreat to some fantasy world where only MY negative opinion of ONE aspect of Yamaha's sound matters, and dismiss it as a lone voice.

Your choice, Ian.

In the meantime, I offer as a positive the possibility that Yamaha could easily address this widely perceived shortcoming with a few drum Expansions... And that's more than YOU are offering. TBH, there's only one 'negative' poster on this thread.

Someone that is so blindly partisan that they can't even 'wade' through a widely held opinion of Yamaha's, to the part that actually offers a solution.

#373024 - 10/15/13 12:54 PM Re: Yamaha is not supporting Audio styles on PSR-S950 [Re: Diki]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki

Remember, I brought up the point that the vast majority of negative opinion of Yamaha's concerned their washed out drums, this isn't me being negative, this is EVERY non-Yamaha user being negative.

Of course some non-Yamaha users would give a negative opinion...that's why they aren't Yamaha users...duh!

You conveniently fail to acknowledge the thousands of Yamaha users who like their instruments the way they are.

Again, all you see is the negative side, or your side, if you will.

Try and be positive Diki...it won't hurt, you might even like it, and perhaps it will assist you in being a little more open minded about your evaluation of the talents of your fellow SZ'ers.

Ian

#373027 - 10/15/13 01:12 PM Re: Yamaha is not supporting Audio styles on PSR-S950 [Re: Beakybird]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
smile

clap

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online