SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#372767 - 10/08/13 01:25 PM Re: Gary's a class act...! [Re: captain Russ]
124 Offline

Probably unlikely, but do you ever venture northwards, Gary? I imagine the Bay of Fundy tides would be a challenge - if challenge is on your list, that is. smile

#372772 - 10/08/13 03:42 PM Re: Gary's a class act...! [Re: captain Russ]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I was there when I was a kid in the U.S. Navy. That would be too much of a challenge for this old man. I watched those massive tide ripping through the creeks and figured that most vessels couldn't handle them without a whole lot of horsepower. I did, however, seriously consider sailing north to visit an old friend at Mystic Seaport, which would be a neat trip. Unfortunately, my wife says she would rather drive there. I've driven in the northeastern U.S. traffic when I worked for The Fisherman Magazine and it was horrendous at best. To me, sailing seems like a much better option, but it's going to take a lot of convincing to prove that to my wife. wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#372781 - 10/08/13 06:18 PM Re: Gary's a class act...! [Re: captain Russ]
124 Offline

Thanks, Gary. I'm a landlocked lubber so I wouldn't know a thing about sailing. The wife and I visited Hopewell Rocks (a well known vantage point for Fundy tides) and it was just awesome.

#372809 - 10/09/13 06:06 PM Re: Gary's a class act...! [Re: captain Russ]
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Cap,

What you said is totally true. Gary is a great entertainer and one swell guy. I watched him perform and was treated to dinner at his house. I hope he sails that boat to Michigan so I can return the hospitality.

The amazing thing is this forum is full of great people, DNJ, Fran, Don, Diki, Eddie, Uncle Dave, Bill, Nigel and even Boo. There so many more, our international friends, Dreamer, John, Freddy, Roger, Ian and more. If I left anyone out sorry but these are the names that come to mind.

Cap, I also include you and one of these days I'll visit my cousin in Lexington.

Tom

Tom

#372814 - 10/10/13 06:03 AM Re: Gary's a class act...! [Re: captain Russ]
Dnj Offline

Thanx Tom, let me know when you in the area we'll do dinner or breakfast again together...

#372816 - 10/10/13 07:32 AM Re: Gary's a class act...! [Re: Dnj]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Tom, I enjoyed meeting your family a few years ago, and would love to have you visit.

I'm traveling a lot overseas now, so,hopefully, you'll be in Lexington when I am and can visit a gig.

Russ

#372857 - 10/11/13 01:21 AM Re: Gary's a class act...! [Re: Tom Cavanaugh]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Tom it's been quite a few years since we met at Bebop's arranger get together in San Jose. If you are ever in Southern California you are always welcome to come and visit and stay here with us in Ventura on the coast. I'd love to catch up with you again.

#372859 - 10/11/13 04:24 AM Re: Gary's a class act...! [Re: captain Russ]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Tom, you and Pat are always welcome back to S. Florida. I've arranged a deal with Cracker Barrel to let you stay in a couple of their rockers on the porch....if you don't mind the country music on their PA.

Eddie

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online