SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#372218 - 09/21/13 05:21 PM Re: Level of performers [Re: Tostie]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Boo,

I'll dig around and see if I can find those old charts, but since moving a year ago, they are probably still packed in with stuff I haven't found a place for yet.

It's a very difficult tune on the arranger, but it could be done multi-tracking, if someone wanted to spend the time.

"What Goes Up Must Come Down" is a line from a song called "Spinning Wheel" (which we also played) written by David Clayton-Thomas of the group Blood Sweat and Tears.

"You Made Me So Very Happy" was also recorded by Blood Sweat and Tears; a lot of Motown acts covered it as well. Different writer on that one, I think. I'm pretty sure we didn't play it.

There was some great music in the late 60's, Boo, and, no, I'm not much of a fan of Rap music. Jazz, Pop, Country, R&B are some of my favorites. Two of my favorite writers were Burt Bacharach, and believe it or not, Barry Manilow.

Ian

#372219 - 09/21/13 06:06 PM Re: Level of performers [Re: brickboo]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: brickboo
We did the What Goes Up Must Come Down tune so long ago that I can't remember the title.

#372269 - 09/23/13 06:57 AM Re: Level of performers [Re: Steve A]
mellow1 Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
To Steve A:

one word sir : POWERFUL !

Skip G

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online