SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#371929 - 09/12/13 04:03 PM Re: So what’s your opinion of Michael Buble? [Re: Mark79100]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
If you had a Yammie I could send you a half-dozen styles for that song.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#371930 - 09/12/13 04:04 PM Re: So what’s your opinion of Michael Buble? [Re: Mark79100]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
duplicate post

Edited by travlin'easy (09/12/13 04:05 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#371931 - 09/12/13 04:48 PM Re: So what’s your opinion of Michael Buble? [Re: Mark79100]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Roland also has a style for Home.
DonM

#371963 - 09/13/13 10:01 PM Re: So what’s your opinion of Michael Buble? [Re: Diki]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Diki
...more of his usual mindless patter! rolleyes

Diki……..are you aware you have “anger” problems? I’m wondering what kind of music a person makes who carries “anger problems” like you seem to?

I also suspect you have mental issues that you, yourself are probably already aware of. You seem to function in two modes:

Mode 1: musical genius with a working knowledge of just about everything on the planet and who willingly passes that info on to others

Mode 2: a loose cannon who roams the Earth looking for openings where he can either instigate or aggravate (or both)

If you’re looking to “rumble” I would suggest you join the Jets as a cast member in the next production of West Side Story. Maybe even the WWW (World Wrestling Federation). Possibly you could train to become a Kamikaze pilot?

Until I hear otherwise from Nigel, I will continue to believe that the SynthZone is a place to share and support musical issues and have productive discussions. And that it is a group created for dedicated musicians interested in furthering their musical aspirations. And that those who are not interested in furthering their own or another members musical aspirations, should refrain from posting negative and insulting comments...and, in particular, should refrain from interfering in legitimate topics by inserting idiotic and child-like comments.

In short, shape up or ship out (of my posts). I don’t do them to keep you on life support!

Mark

#371964 - 09/13/13 10:35 PM Re: So what’s your opinion of Michael Buble? [Re: DonM]
Mark79100 Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
Mark, forget this whole thread. With your talent and ability, getting back into performing is a no-brainer. It's what you want to do, and you excel at it.
You need a shove in the right direction? Here it is--go for it.
DonM

Nice try, Don, but unfortunately I have this bad habit of not "standing down" particularly with people I find obnoxious!

But, thanks trying to sober me up. And...for the encouragement. It means a lot coming from you...who I consider a good friend, a first class musician and, more important, a gentleman. Not to mention you have good posture too!

Now........I didn't actually give up music.....I gave up playing to audiences. I still practice like the Devil every day but just for myself. What I gave up was playing those gigs that were becoming "difficult" and "depressing" (which was all of them).

But, seriously, for some reason Ron's post about switching from doing gigs to doing stage shows started this whole thing off for me.

That part about the "Sway" MIDI file he was using as backing that replicated the Buble version (and probably also the Pussycat Dolls version) just hit me a certain way. It was that great arrangement. It really moved me. That's how I want to get back into playing again. Doing shows this time around like Ron is doing. And.....using that PA3 that I bought that I've been using as an ironing board since I got it. And, maybe working on "great arrangements" myself on that "ironing board."

Now...with the positive attitude that folks like you and Tony M and others in the group have about playing music, I'm sure I'll find a way to get out there on the front lines again. After all the worst gig in the world is still better than driving a taxicab in NYC or slinging french fries and fatburgers in some fast food restaurant!

Mark

#371965 - 09/13/13 11:02 PM Re: So what’s your opinion of Michael Buble? [Re: Ensnareyou]
Mark79100 Offline

Originally Posted By: Ensnareyou
Bob Rock produced his current album as well as several songs off of his previous albums. David Foster produced the majority of Buble's work. Two major music producers with serious track records.

I've never really understood how a song is put together in a studio.

Can anyone tell me.....a song like this "Sway" how does it come together in a studio?

A producer puts the whole package together. Does he also have a hand in the musical arrangement?

I watched a documentary once about recording in a studio. It said they start with a "sketch," then maybe a bass line, some rhythm tracks, add a basic melody line, improvise fill-in' here and there, add and subtract instruments as they go along, process sounds, and they have a whole team of musicians working on one song taking it apart and putting it back together again until it sounds "right." Is that somewhat of a loose description of how it's done?

Up until then, I thought a song was written and just played and recorded in a studio....that most everything was done by the songwriter. So.....who are the key players in a studio (their titles) that make the music itself happen......put a song together and make a finished product? Who actually does the arrangements?

Probably easier to say.......what's everyone's role in the production of a record.

BTW I always thought the Four Seasons backgrounds were also top notch in almost every song they did.

Or, is there a website that explains all this? I could easily buy into trying my hand at working on good arrangements instead of good playing. This Sway arrangement really motivated me for some reason.

Mark

#371966 - 09/13/13 11:25 PM Re: So what’s your opinion of Michael Buble? [Re: Mark79100]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Maybe SemiLive (Bill) will see this post. He is in Nashville working with some of the best musicians and arrangers in the world. He says they can make him sound fantastic, instead of just really good! Sure hope he's right. He's spent a lot of time and money pursuing his dream, and we never know until we give it all we have.
He has put a few observations on his Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/billpittman?fref=ts
DonM

#371983 - 09/14/13 09:35 AM Re: So what’s your opinion of Michael Buble? [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Don ... thanks for that info about Bill ... funny, I was thinking about him the other day and was going to ask where he has been ... I wish him every success ...
Plus, the more money he has, the more you can win on the golf course ... laugh2

#371991 - 09/14/13 05:31 PM Re: So what’s your opinion of Michael Buble? [Re: Mark79100]
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Take a look in that mirror, Mark... the only one here showing anger management issues is you.

And sorry, but if you consider your posts here a 'a place to share and support musical issues and have productive discussions' perhaps you'd like to discuss your last couple of posts with our admin? Take a look at the second sticky on our front page...

"Please discuss topics in a civil manner or move on"

Time for you to move on. Utterly obvious you cannot adhere to this.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online