SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#371551 - 09/03/13 03:01 PM Style View for change Intros, endings, Fills
PatSar63 Offline

Loc: France
In style view, we can change the settings for Arr A, Arr B, Arr C and Arr D easily. Those patterns are looping and the user has enough time to change the settings and listen the result in live (change the voice, the volume,...).

But, the patterns Intros, endings, Fills and Breaks are special patterns because their main characteristics is that they are played once only then they jump automatically to another regular pattern. Thus, we have no sufficient time to change theirs settings and try.

I believe there is a specific sequence to enter in such a pattern in Style view to allow their modification but I can't remember it. Has somebody the clue ?

Thanks in advance - PatSar63

#371601 - 09/04/13 11:37 AM Re: Style View for change Intros, endings, Fills [Re: PatSar63]
leezone Offline

I think the intros, fills, etc , their sounds and volumes are TIED to the ARR parts which SUX

I often need volumes of sounds different on intros and it can't be done which I think is ridiculous

#371608 - 09/04/13 12:43 PM Re: Style View for change Intros, endings, Fills [Re: leezone]
PatSar63 Offline

I asked the same question on a french forum and I was answered that I have to stop the style and press twice the corresponding pattern...I'm going to check immediately.
See you later...

Patrick

#371609 - 09/04/13 01:20 PM Re: Style View for change Intros, endings, Fills [Re: PatSar63]
PatSar63 Offline

Hi guys, I come back with the correct answer. I'm proud to congratulate myself and share with you.

First : the style must not being played (the consequence of this is that it will not be easy to change a setting and realize if it's better or worse) but I don't find out another tips.

Second : Press the 'Key Stop' button (it seems to be working if you use the 'key Start' as well but it seems to me less logical)

From now :
you can press the 'intro/ending' button to reach the settings of the intro1 then end1
you can press the 'Fill' and Arr A button to reach the settings of the Fill1
...etc...

See you soon
Patrick

#371611 - 09/04/13 02:44 PM Re: Style View for change Intros, endings, Fills [Re: PatSar63]
leezone Offline

But if you alter the volume of intro of an instrument
It changes volume of the ARR part as well which sux

#371614 - 09/05/13 01:21 AM Re: Style View for change Intros, endings, Fills [Re: leezone]
PatSar63 Offline

Thanks, LeeZone. I have to make supplemental testing but it's interesting. It would be understandable that the system reacts that way with the volumes settings.

But, is it the same for the voices ? For example, if I change the piano by an acoustic guitar in the fill2, is the track changed for the Arr B as well ? In this situation, it seems to me less logical and it limits the capabilities of the gear.

Patrick

#371668 - 09/06/13 07:36 AM Re: Style View for change Intros, endings, Fills [Re: PatSar63]
leezone Offline

yes whatever you change in intro , ends, fills, volumes, sounds, revb, fx, etc

it changes in the arranger parts as well, which is DUMB if you ask me

this should be changed to work like all other arrangers

#371740 - 09/07/13 04:01 PM Re: Style View for change Intros, endings, Fills [Re: leezone]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
This is not an easy question...

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online