SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#371670 - 09/06/13 08:27 AM A Shout Out To AJ
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Readers of this forum know I had a Ketron SD2 unit go bad and got absolutely no response from the US Ketron dealer at all - even after many phone messages were left. This week AJ notified me HE was sending me a replacement and if I read his email correctly, at his own cost.

I wanted everyone to know that AJ is doing this and give a very much appreciated thank you.

Deane

#371674 - 09/06/13 09:07 AM Re: A Shout Out To AJ [Re: hammer]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
AJ is one of the "good guys"..

#371675 - 09/06/13 09:13 AM Re: A Shout Out To AJ [Re: hammer]
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
But the question needs to be asked... why are the current distributors continually allowed to ruin Ketron's reputation in the USA?

Why does Ketron continue to allow them to be in charge, when it is so patently obvious they are actively working to damage Ketron's sales and reputation over here? Or by inaction, anyway...

Time to fire those bozos, and make AJ the national distributor. That's probably the only way Ketron are going to prosper in the States. They make a good product, but no-one can find it, see it, play it, or get any after sales service through official channels. That's not a recipe for success.

But do Ketron in Italy CARE? Time to find out.

#371679 - 09/06/13 09:27 AM Re: A Shout Out To AJ [Re: hammer]
124 Offline

Yeah, it's weird. I thought a business was in business to make money. Wonder what Ketron's shareholders make of it. Are they even aware of the company's North American practices?

#371683 - 09/06/13 09:47 AM Re: A Shout Out To AJ [Re: hammer]
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Are Ketron a publicly traded company? I doubt they are big enough for this.

I believe that Ketron Italy are locked in a self-perpetuating loop. They keep thinking that the US market is insignificant (we aren't users of arrangers in the kinds of numbers that EU players do), hire shoddy, sloppy distributors, who promptly ensure that Ketron's impression of the American market is true by doing the worst job of any arranger company doing business here.

So they don't make the distributor build the brand here, and first class after sales service is the primary way to do that...

#371687 - 09/06/13 12:54 PM Re: A Shout Out To AJ [Re: Diki]
leezone Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
They make a good product, but no-one can find it, see it, play it, or get any after sales service through official channels.

i agree 100% Diki, but i don't think they make a good product, but rather, a GREAT one smile

too bad the hardware, the internals, is leaps years behind

#371693 - 09/06/13 02:05 PM Re: A Shout Out To AJ [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

I think Ketron should offer a "LIFETIME UNLIMITED WARRANTY"
to original buyers non transferable,...it would be a first in the business and prove to potential buyers that they stand behind their products.

#371700 - 09/06/13 06:36 PM Re: A Shout Out To AJ [Re: hammer]
leezone Offline

Dnj

don't you think you're asking foo too much?

How about if Ketron starts out by responding or even acknowledging our emails?

3 months, 3 emails and still waiting for even an automated response... PATHETIC to say the least

#371746 - 09/08/13 07:24 AM Re: A Shout Out To AJ [Re: leezone]
Tony Hughes Offline

Leezone,

It took me 30 mins to log on, forgot my name and password, it's been so long now. I can't believe you have not got a reply from Ketron, I never had any problems getting through to them, what's the problem with your KBA, one of the best in World..You know that Italy shuts down in August, are they still in business, I know that the Lionstracs is dead in the water, I did predict some of this 2 years back.

Tony

#371747 - 09/08/13 07:46 AM Re: A Shout Out To AJ [Re: hammer]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I have tried just about every keyboard that has come out in the past 3 years and would have also given the SD5 or the Audya a try had I had more faith in their customer support. I met AJ and saw the Audya along with Don and Donny at one of Don's Jams - actually got a chance to play it. I just believe the folks in Italy don't care about the USA market.

Deane

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online