SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#37150 - 10/24/10 04:08 PM Re: ONE MORE ATTEMPT TO TROUBLE SHOOT MY AUDYA PROBLEMS!
Rusty 999 Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:
I just don't understand this.

Why are we not having these problems in the UK yet in the USA you seem to be plagued by them.

Could it be voltage/current related?

If that is the case and that there are NO problems in the UK then you may have a good point
Is there no one out there having any problems with their ketrons in the UK guys ?

#37151 - 10/24/10 07:28 PM Re: ONE MORE ATTEMPT TO TROUBLE SHOOT MY AUDYA PROBLEMS!
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
Hi again all,

Just returned home from playing a gig. The Audya performed perfect.

Unplugging and re-plugging in all the cables inside may have done the trick.

Playing again tomorrow night. Let's see if I can have another glitch free night.

Will post outcome of tomorrow nights gig.

Jim

#37152 - 10/25/10 08:56 AM Re: ONE MORE ATTEMPT TO TROUBLE SHOOT MY AUDYA PROBLEMS!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
YES, this is hardware issue...Take it from an ex-IBM service man...DO NOT use a voltmeter anywhere on those boards!
Todays typical VOM meters will load the ciruit and could cause blown components(if you don't short something out yourself anyways)..AND watch out for ESD (static) if you touch one of those components with you finger or a tool with a static discharge on it...BAM! Blown circuit.

Those circuits run on very low voltage and current. An osciliscope would be needed to work on the circuits and if you saw the schematic you would be amazed at how complex it is. Not the type of work for an owner.

If I were working on this issue, I would carefully and delicatly take an INSULATED tool (wood, plastic) and gently push/move/press/prod etc very slowly around on the circuitry. WHILE continuously playing. Make it fail.

Also, maybe it is heat/cold related. Now that you have the cover off...things may have changed on temp.

Also, you could WITH POWEE OFF, spray the components with freon to cool the circuits, then power on & test. Alsoa hair dryer used carefuly can suppy the opposite help.

If you find a place where you can make it fail...I would get Ketron to fix it. I would not tell them I had it apart!

You could say..in this or that area of the keyboard (covers on) when I vibrate it...it fails.

Quite honestly, I think you would be better off on a new board under warranty to return it for service OR better yet make them give you a new one!

If you scrw up here working on it...the results could be very epensive.

Lee S.

#37153 - 10/25/10 11:10 AM Re: ONE MORE ATTEMPT TO TROUBLE SHOOT MY AUDYA PROBLEMS!
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
YES, this is hardware issue...Take it from an ex-IBM service man...DO NOT use a voltmeter anywhere on those boards!
Todays typical VOM meters will load the ciruit and could cause blown components(if you don't short something out yourself anyways)..AND watch out for ESD (static) if you touch one of those components with you finger or a tool with a static discharge on it...BAM! Blown circuit.

Those circuits run on very low voltage and current. An osciliscope would be needed to work on the circuits and if you saw the schematic you would be amazed at how complex it is. Not the type of work for an owner.

If I were working on this issue, I would carefully and delicatly take an INSULATED tool (wood, plastic) and gently push/move/press/prod etc very slowly around on the circuitry. WHILE continuously playing. Make it fail.

Also, maybe it is heat/cold related. Now that you have the cover off...things may have changed on temp.

Also, you could WITH POWEE OFF, spray the components with freon to cool the circuits, then power on & test. Alsoa hair dryer used carefuly can suppy the opposite help.

If you find a place where you can make it fail...I would get Ketron to fix it. I would not tell them I had it apart!

You could say..in this or that area of the keyboard (covers on) when I vibrate it...it fails.

Quite honestly, I think you would be better off on a new board under warranty to return it for service OR better yet make them give you a new one!

If you scrw up here working on it...the results could be very epensive.

Lee S.

Leeboy,

There are no Ketron keyboards going back to the factory, Ketron don't do that. Your dealer will need to fix it and I don't care how far you are from him, he sold it you he should get it fixed.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#37154 - 10/25/10 08:57 PM Re: ONE MORE ATTEMPT TO TROUBLE SHOOT MY AUDYA PROBLEMS!
NiteLife Offline

Hey Guys:

Two nights in a row, my audya Played perfect!

Finally may have corrected the problem!

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim

#37155 - 10/25/10 09:05 PM Re: ONE MORE ATTEMPT TO TROUBLE SHOOT MY AUDYA PROBLEMS!
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NiteLife:
Hey Guys:

Jim

Jim,

Just beginners luck, it will do it again don't your worry.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#37156 - 10/26/10 06:38 PM Re: ONE MORE ATTEMPT TO TROUBLE SHOOT MY AUDYA PROBLEMS!
NiteLife Offline

Tony, I'm sorry but I don't share your pessimistic view.

My glass is always half full, not half empty.

My Audya continues to perform perfectly.

It normally would have given me an output problem by now.

I'm happy to post something positive about the Audya.

Instead of the normal ongoing negative crap that has taken over this forum!

Jim

#37157 - 10/26/10 06:53 PM Re: ONE MORE ATTEMPT TO TROUBLE SHOOT MY AUDYA PROBLEMS!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Hey Guys:

Jim

That's great Jim....good luck with the Audya...nothing like Positiveness from fellow musicians in the trenches!!
sometimes ya gotta take the Bull by the horns!

#37158 - 10/26/10 09:12 PM Re: ONE MORE ATTEMPT TO TROUBLE SHOOT MY AUDYA PROBLEMS!
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Tony, I'm sorry but I don't share your pessimistic view.

My glass is always half full, not half empty.

My Audya continues to perform perfectly.

It normally would have given me an output problem by now.

I'm happy to post something positive about the Audya.

Instead of the normal ongoing negative crap that has taken over this forum!

Jim

Jim,

I am not saying it will but if it does I am sure you will lets us know and then we can do like whatever you do.

#37159 - 10/27/10 08:55 PM Re: ONE MORE ATTEMPT TO TROUBLE SHOOT MY AUDYA PROBLEMS!
NiteLife Offline

Hey Tony:

Day five, Practiced and played the Audya ALL DAY today.

Still perfect! Not a glitch to be had!

Jim

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online