SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#37140 - 10/24/10 06:16 AM ONE MORE ATTEMPT TO TROUBLE SHOOT MY AUDYA PROBLEMS!
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
AUDYA OWNERS WITH AUDIO OUT PROBLEMS:

My left Channel out problems are getting worse!

I had to reboot the keyboard 6 times last night while performing to a full house and packed dance floor.

The embarrassment and the time spent rebooting and resetting the split point, auto fill, all the solo voice choices and harmonizer is just plain UNACCEPTABLE!

I am a very patient man, however I'm reaching the end of my rope with my ongoing Audya PROBLEMS!

The symptoms and causes for the Left Channel completely dropping out are very difficult to pinpoint to say the least.

I can only surmise that it is a combination of both a hardware and software problem.

Sometimes bumping or tapping on the keyboard will kick the Left channel back in, but not always! This symptom and correction technique, would lead you to believe there is a loose connection or a bad solder joint!

Rebooting the keyboard, sometimes as many as 4, 5 ,6 or 7 times will bring the Left Channel back, however it may still drop out again while playing. This symptom and correction technique, would lead you to believe it's a software glitch or a combination of both!

I will take the keyboard apart ( Again ) today, and go over absolutely every wire connection, every solder connection, every ribbon connection. I'll examine the motherboard and sound board with a magnifying glass looking for a hairline crack or a loose chip or anything suspicious.

I have a new replacement motherboard and I might as well replace that also!

I'll do my best guys to see if I can find ANYTHING that might be causing our problems!

What bothers me the most, is the fact that Skude has replaced all of his hardware and is STILL having the same problems!!!!!!!! Which leads me to believe it is a Operating SYSTEM problem.

My searching, my time and my efforts may all be in vain, however I must at least try to find something.

If I find the problem or problems, Ketron better offer me a job in quality control.

It would appear that whoever is currently in charge of quality control needs to be FIRED and replaced with someone that knows what they are doing!!!!

I'll post any and all findings here if I come up with something or not.

Wish me LUCK!

Jim

#37141 - 10/24/10 07:41 AM Re: ONE MORE ATTEMPT TO TROUBLE SHOOT MY AUDYA PROBLEMS!
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NiteLife:
AUDYA OWNERS WITH AUDIO OUT PROBLEMS:

My left Channel out problems are getting worse!

I had to reboot the keyboard 6 times last night while performing to a full house and packed dance floor.

The embarrassment and the time spent rebooting and resetting the split point, auto fill, all the solo voice choices and harmonizer is just plain UNACCEPTABLE!

I am a very patient man, however I'm reaching the end of my rope with my ongoing Audya PROBLEMS!

The symptoms and causes for the Left Channel completely dropping out are very difficult to pinpoint to say the least.

I can only surmise that it is a combination of both a hardware and software problem.

Sometimes bumping or tapping on the keyboard will kick the Left channel back in, but not always! This symptom and correction technique, would lead you to believe there is a loose connection or a bad solder joint!

Rebooting the keyboard, sometimes as many as 4, 5 ,6 or 7 times will bring the Left Channel back, however it may still drop out again while playing. This symptom and correction technique, would lead you to believe it's a software glitch or a combination of both!

I will take the keyboard apart ( Again ) today, and go over absolutely every wire connection, every solder connection, every ribbon connection. I'll examine the motherboard and sound board with a magnifying glass looking for a hairline crack or a loose chip or anything suspicious.

I have a new replacement motherboard and I might as well replace that also!

I'll do my best guys to see if I can find ANYTHING that might be causing our problems!

What bothers me the most, is the fact that Skude has replaced all of his hardware and is STILL having the same problems!!!!!!!! Which leads me to believe it is a Operating SYSTEM problem.

My searching, my time and my efforts may all be in vain, however I must at least try to find something.

If I find the problem or problems, Ketron better offer me a job in quality control.

It would appear that whoever is currently in charge of quality control needs to be FIRED and replaced with someone that knows what they are doing!!!!

I'll post any and all findings here if I come up with something or not.

Wish me LUCK!

Jim

Jim,

I wouldn’t start looking at the PCBs you will never find any faults with a magnifying glass, its 10,000 volts it needs across them. I think this is all software related and I don’t think you are going to get it fixed, my Audya has just started playing up after no problems at all since the last update. I have had two INT PHASE ERRORS on boot and about 8 lockups all recently, I don’t know what’s going on but I thought it was all cured , not so. There is only one thing to do now before the bottom drops out the market.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#37142 - 10/24/10 08:09 AM Re: ONE MORE ATTEMPT TO TROUBLE SHOOT MY AUDYA PROBLEMS!
NiteLife Offline

Tony, You are probably right about the problems coming from the OS.

However, this is my question: When I bump or tap on the keyboard, the output sound will flutter or the Lt. Channel will kick back in or out!

Doesn't that sound like a connection or bad solder problem?????????

Jim

#37143 - 10/24/10 08:18 AM Re: ONE MORE ATTEMPT TO TROUBLE SHOOT MY AUDYA PROBLEMS!
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Tony, You are probably right about the problems coming from the OS.

However, this is my question: When I bump or tap on the keyboard, the output sound will flutter or the Lt. Channel will kick back in or out!

Doesn't that sound like a connection or bad solder problem?????????

Jim

Yes it does and its time to take the top off again!
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#37144 - 10/24/10 08:28 AM Re: ONE MORE ATTEMPT TO TROUBLE SHOOT MY AUDYA PROBLEMS!
NiteLife Offline

Tony, I have the top off right now! All ribbon and wire connections are snug.

I have not removed the push button PCB yet. I'm a little hesitant about pulling that off.

There is 18 mounts held on with nuts holding the right side board in place. Three ribbon connectors between the Left side PCB and the right side PCB.

Your thoughts about taking that board off and checking connections?

Jim

#37145 - 10/24/10 11:19 AM Re: ONE MORE ATTEMPT TO TROUBLE SHOOT MY AUDYA PROBLEMS!
NiteLife Offline

Here is a preliminary on Audya attempted repair.

Unplugged and replugged every ribbon and wire connection in the keyboard.

Have turned off and back on the keyboard 15 times and both audio outs are perfect.

You might know, while I have the top off it boots perfect every time.

Could I have lucked out and discovered it was just a connection problem?

We'll see. Playing both tonight and tomorrow night. I'll re-post Tuesday and let you all know.

Jim

#37146 - 10/24/10 12:48 PM Re: ONE MORE ATTEMPT TO TROUBLE SHOOT MY AUDYA PROBLEMS!
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Here is a preliminary on Audya attempted repair.

Unplugged and replugged every ribbon and wire connection in the keyboard.

Have turned off and back on the keyboard 15 times and both audio outs are perfect.

You might know, while I have the top off it boots perfect every time.

Could I have lucked out and discovered it was just a connection problem?

We'll see. Playing both tonight and tomorrow night. I'll re-post Tuesday and let you all know.

Jim

Jim,

Can you play the KB lying on your back, with the top off, only joking... I don't know what to suggest you do, there are so many small pins in those ribbon cables, I am not certain if Ketron make them up themselves, if they do and they are not getting pressed home properly there could be a problem. But I don’t know of anyone who has yet traced this speaker problem to a loose cable only AJ says all the problems are loose connections.

#37147 - 10/24/10 12:50 PM Re: ONE MORE ATTEMPT TO TROUBLE SHOOT MY AUDYA PROBLEMS!
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
These things reported about loose connections etc. certainly don't encourage me to
buy any Audya.
I've had some keyboards through the years, but not any who had to be opened to fix
loose connections to make it continue work, not even the SD1.

If the company where I work deliver that kind of faulty products we would be out off
business and the market, and staff would be without jobs long ago!
I don't know about Ketron, but we have something called Quality Control that follow
from the start at the planning and engineering department through the whole building
process till boxed for shipping to prevent bad products leave our factory.
Also different kinds of connectors have different kinds of safety to avoid disconnect.
Imagine a ship movements cause bad contact or connected wires to fall off?

To me it looks like too many items leave Ketron factory in a shape that customers have
to take action by i.e. open the KB. And when open and do selfmade repairs, what about
warranty issues?

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#37148 - 10/24/10 02:57 PM Re: ONE MORE ATTEMPT TO TROUBLE SHOOT MY AUDYA PROBLEMS!
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
The ONLY way to troubleshoot loose connections is with a volt meter. You must know what the nominal voltage is at each test point and then take tests to see where the Audya deviates. This will trace right to the problem.

Can an average home user do that?

I didn't think so. Grrrr!

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#37149 - 10/24/10 03:11 PM Re: ONE MORE ATTEMPT TO TROUBLE SHOOT MY AUDYA PROBLEMS!
Tonewheeldude Offline

I just don't understand this.

Why are we not having these problems in the UK yet in the USA you seem to be plagued by them.

Could it be voltage/current related?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online