SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#37129 - 10/27/10 05:53 PM Re: Restoring folders on Audya disk
Tonewheeldude Offline

There should be nothing complicated about copying the files from the Audya to your computer to make a backup.

However you do need to do the following:

on your windows PC open the Audya drive from my computer.

in the menu bar go to "tools" then select "options".

then:
from the view tab

1) select: "show hidden folders, files and drives"
2( uncheck "hide protected operating system files"

next create a folder named 'AUDYA BACKUP' and drag and drop one folder at a time into the newly made folder.

It takes some time as there are over 12gb of data. The "system" folder is the largest its often the one people forget as its normally hidden.

NEVER CUT, COPY OR PASTE FILES OR FOLDERS.

always use drag and drop.

When finished don't forget to reverse the changes you made in steps 1 and 2.

#37130 - 10/27/10 11:18 PM Re: Restoring folders on Audya disk
Luka Offline

Loc: Slovenia
Thank you, TWD, for the information.
I did exactly as you wrote, except I forgot if I I used drag/drop or copy/paste.
Now to restore a formated disk with rescue CDs, could you perhaps give me some important hints, too?
Thanks and best regards,
Luka

#37131 - 10/28/10 12:47 AM Re: Restoring folders on Audya disk
Tonewheeldude Offline

This is how I do it:

Use the same method as above, creating a Audya Backup folder on your desktop and don't foget - hidden and system files/folders must be visable. Copy the contents of the DVD's to your computer hard drive first. (you can copy direct from the DVD but it can get a it confusing)

As you copy each folder from the DVD to the computers Hard drive you might be told that a folder already exists and do you want to replace folders...just say yes as some folders are split on the disks.

once you have them on the computer, connect your audya and start in the root dorectory, delete the files (not folders yet) located there and drag and drop the new files.

Then start on the folders. delete the first folder (make a note of each folder name in case you miss one or go to do it twice) then drag and drop the new folder onto the audya.

only do one at a time and wait until each folder is finished before starting the next one. if you drag two folders at a time it is no quicker than doing one - and if you do have to stop for a break in between folders you can.

Its going to take quite a while.

[This message has been edited by Tonewheeldude (edited 10-28-2010).]

#37132 - 10/30/10 02:15 PM Re: Restoring folders on Audya disk
Luka Offline

Loc: Slovenia
It was very kind of you, TWD, to take time and post this valuable message!
Best regards,
Luka

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online