SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#37119 - 10/23/10 12:20 AM Restoring folders on Audya disk
Luka Offline

Loc: Slovenia
Hello !
I would appreciate a lot some help with my problem – yesterday I wanted to backup entire disk of Audya. Something went wrong (there was a kind of timeout warning) and then I realized folders missing in System folder.
My Audya now comes up but there's no styles to load and play any more.
Now fortunately my dealer has got a USB stick on stock which I am just about to go and get.
What I would like to ask is if I just copy the missing files from USB or do I have to perform some other procedure to restore the missing files.
Thanks a lot!
Regards,
Luka

#37120 - 10/23/10 05:26 AM Re: Restoring folders on Audya disk
Luka Offline

I tried to restore Audya from USB stick but after 2 hours there was an error message and download was stopped.
I repeated the procedure, now I wait again.
Has anybody restored Audya from USB stick?
Thanks,
Luka

#37121 - 10/23/10 08:23 AM Re: Restoring folders on Audya disk
Luka Offline

Loading from USB stick failed again.
The error message was:

INSTALL REPORT ERROR: 295
INSTALL ERROR
(Press EXIT)

Anybody has experienced this?
Regards,
Luka

#37122 - 10/24/10 01:29 AM Re: Restoring folders on Audya disk
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Luka:
Hello !
I would appreciate a lot some help with my problem – yesterday I wanted to backup entire disk of Audya. Something went wrong (there was a kind of timeout warning) and then I realized folders missing in System folder.
My Audya now comes up but there's no styles to load and play any more.
Now fortunately my dealer has got a USB stick on stock which I am just about to go and get.
What I would like to ask is if I just copy the missing files from USB or do I have to perform some other procedure to restore the missing files.
Thanks a lot!
Regards,
Luka

Luka,

Lots of people have deleted files from the Audya and it dont like it, if you were only copying from the Audya to your hard drive there should not have been a problem, why do you need to backup the whole drive, it takes hours, the last time I did mine I took the HD out, if you do it with USB socket on the back, do it when you go away on holiday it takes too long and is prone to errors. I don't know how you have deleted files. It's fatal if you have, where is your dealer support.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#37123 - 10/24/10 09:57 AM Re: Restoring folders on Audya disk
Luka Offline

Thanks,Tony, for your comment!
I wanted to copy everything to my PC just in case anything goes wrong in the future – but the copying didn't succeed.
I also found out that USB stick does not contain the entire backup either.
I believe the DVD or USB stick with complete backup should be a part of every Ketron shipment, or even better, the SW should be accessible on some FTP server.
It is frustrating to disable a new keyboard like this but I hope to restore my Audya soon with the help of Ketron guys or my dealer.
I have been a very satisfied user of SD1 for 10 years up to now and I must say that those few hours of playing Audya before I started to backup the drive was a pure pleasure!
I am also glad to be a part of this very helpful forum!
Thanks.
Regards,
Luka

#37124 - 10/24/10 10:29 AM Re: Restoring folders on Audya disk
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Luka
Since I just my Audya and am loving it, I feel really bad for you, especially when you were trying to safeguard your content.

Unfortunately, it turned out to be almost disasterous. What strikes me as unique, is your great attitude, in spite of it all.
Bernie

#37125 - 10/24/10 01:07 PM Re: Restoring folders on Audya disk
Luka Offline

Thanks, Bernie, for your support!
I hope I can soon get back with better news!
Regards,
Luka

#37126 - 10/24/10 02:57 PM Re: Restoring folders on Audya disk
Tonewheeldude Offline

Ask your distributor to send you a set of Ketron restore DVD's. these have everything on to get you going again.

[This message has been edited by Tonewheeldude (edited 10-24-2010).]

#37127 - 10/25/10 08:02 PM Re: Restoring folders on Audya disk
ccantanapoli Offline

Loc: South Carolina, USA
I did the same. Lost the machine. The only way to perform a back up is to open the case and take out the drive, then use a computer to connect directely to the drive. However, if you want to restore the drive you would have to do the reverse operation.

#37128 - 10/25/10 11:18 PM Re: Restoring folders on Audya disk
Luka Offline

Thanks for letting me know about your case!
It looked so simple to just copy the folders then it turned out to be a bad decision.
Can I ask how the restoring went afterwards?
Regards,
Luka

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online