SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#371253 - 08/28/13 12:28 PM Re: TC-Helicon VoiceTone Harmony-M versus internal TC [Re: john smies]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Not so different as to not bait other members about gear, LOL.

Donny, the BK-9 is a completely different beast to the BK-5. There's a lot more shortcuts for navigation, and there are four switches by the bend lever that can do most of what you might have missed from the front panel, plus an FC-7 input for 7 more functions immediately available.

Not to mention that the iPad apps make navigating and editing a breeze.

I have spent quite a bit of time on the BK-5 (friend had one and a BK-3, and I still have my BK-7m) and you can trust me, the BK-9 is a completely different beast. There's no way I would be so positive in my reviews of it if it had the same shortcomings that the BK-5 does. The action is FAR superior to the BK-5 (mind you, as an S950 owner, obvious that has no impact on your buying decision!) and navigating and operation are MUCH, much easier.

Not that you will be the slightest bit interested even if it was completely different, but it is!

You know how much I like the G70. With the iPad apps, the BK-9 is all likelihood going to replace the G70 for all but the most critical gigs I do (playing strange music with a strange band, and no advance warning as to what setups I'll need), and I have a feeling once I have the iPad and learned that well, it may end up totally replacing the G70 in the end.

I would definitely NOT be saying that about the BK-5.

#371260 - 08/28/13 01:54 PM Re: TC-Helicon VoiceTone Harmony-M versus internal TC [Re: john smies]
Dnj Offline

It could be the best thong since sliced bread 76 keys is a deal breaker for me for a gigging KB. But I wish you good luck using yours out in the trenches. Give em hell!

#371267 - 08/28/13 08:16 PM Re: TC-Helicon VoiceTone Harmony-M versus internal TC [Re: john smies]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
76 keys at 5 lbs LIGHTER than your 61 note S950...

What's the issue... can't fit it into your Smart Car? LOL

#371268 - 08/28/13 08:20 PM Re: TC-Helicon VoiceTone Harmony-M versus internal TC [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... it is certainly not the best THONG since sliced bread!!! ... rotfl

#371278 - 08/29/13 05:26 AM Re: TC-Helicon VoiceTone Harmony-M versus internal TC [Re: john smies]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Don't knock a sliced bread thong until you tried one! wink

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#371280 - 08/29/13 05:37 AM Re: TC-Helicon VoiceTone Harmony-M versus internal TC [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
76 keys at 5 lbs LIGHTER than your 61 note S950...

What's the issue... can't fit it into your Smart Car? LOL

That's the least of it,.....the Yamaha S950 Soundwise, Mutipads, SA voices, Mega Voices, Premium styles, VH2, Third party styles up the wazzoo,Great onboard speakers, ease of editing & navigation, lightweight, & support, lightning fast keyfeel, Mp3 player, makes for ME a killer sounding 61 gigging Arranger KB.. keys

Edited by Dnj (08/29/13 05:42 AM)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online