SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#370994 - 08/23/13 03:24 PM Re: Korg Pa900 vs Pa3x [Re: Diki]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
Originally Posted By: Diki
In a studio, first thing they are going to want to do is turn off all that mid priced mastering stuff..!

True, but I was saying IF you were to use them, THEN the difference would be noticeable.

Originally Posted By: Diki
And yes, on a gig, my friends PA3X's Maxx processor makes a night and day difference.

I believe you, if you're talking the difference between ON and OFF effects. But on a live playing setting, I am really not sure the MAXX from Pa3x is night and day compared to the regular Korg eq and limiter in Pa900...

#371003 - 08/24/13 12:04 AM Re: Korg Pa900 vs Pa3x [Re: adimatis]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Hard to believe that Waves can charge the fortune that they do for their effects and them NOT make a noticeable effect!

#371015 - 08/24/13 11:07 AM Re: Korg Pa900 vs Pa3x [Re: adimatis]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
I am not saying necessarily otherwise. But Waves wouldn't be the first big company to charge for less than "noticeable"...

That's not the point though, there are many other factors that will make the sound in a live venue loose it's premium processing. In the moment the signal leaves enters the cable, to the mixer, to the amp, to the speakers, everything can and probably will make the difference between regular effects and Waves MAXX less dramatic.

Of course, when you talking about the studio closed system, the differences will be heard, but "If you were listening to both of them running through a PA at a typical gig" - as the question was, I think maybe 3% of the people will tell the difference. (Totally unscientific determination! ;))

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online