SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#370543 - 08/16/13 08:21 PM Re: s950 swing styles converted to Korg format? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
It's more notes than tones, but I hear ya, John. I'm working on t right now .... still!
smile

#370546 - 08/17/13 01:35 AM Re: s950 swing styles converted to Korg format? [Re: Uncle Dave]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

First of all let me say this:
I sympathize with UD's remark towards Diki and Fran: do you always have to drag in your affection for Roland ? And I mean no disrespect to either of you , let that be noticed. smile

As to the Korg accompaniment being too busy, here is my simple view. On the outset of this century most of the Yamaha styles were pretty monotonous in the sense that they only covered one (two at the most) bars and in the sense that many of the acc. tracks were simply empty and (at its best) came in during variation 4. Do you realize how much more demanding it is to have to add new tracks to a style yourself than it is to simply eliminate one or two acc. tracks from an existing style if you think they are too busy ? Korg's styles have always been varied on both counts. They cover 4-8 bars and yes they are generally pretty well filled up. But as mentioned here, it is dead easy to mute some acc. tracks ( one second each !!!) and have an acc. that is less demanding and more quiet.

regards
John

#370549 - 08/17/13 01:49 AM Re: s950 swing styles converted to Korg format? [Re: Uncle Dave]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
Indeed, I think this "busyness" of Korg styles is actually a great thing. Not only you could mute what is too much, but you can actually create two or three different arrangements from the same style, muting different parts each time!

Nobody HAS TO use a style with all the tracks enabled!

#370553 - 08/17/13 04:03 AM Re: s950 swing styles converted to Korg format? [Re: adimatis]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Originally Posted By: adimatis
Indeed, I think this "busyness" of Korg styles is actually a great thing. Not only you could mute what is too much, but you can actually create two or three different arrangements from the same style, muting different parts each time!

Nobody HAS TO use a style with all the tracks enabled!

My point entirely Adamatis. Those who use my Performances in one of their PA arranger keyboards will know what is meant here.

regards,
John

#370561 - 08/17/13 08:36 AM Re: s950 swing styles converted to Korg format? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
No offense, but I see Korg and Yamaha users posting freely on threads started by users of other arrangers. Get over yourselves..!

Secondly, the answer isn't 'get a Roland'... The answer is 'tell your arranger manufacturer how GOOD this feature is, and get them to invent something similar so YOU can do things this easy'!

#370563 - 08/17/13 09:29 AM Re: s950 swing styles converted to Korg format? [Re: Diki]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Let us not forget...Diki's BK9 has 76 playable keys in a 20 pound unit...It has real drawbars and and the goodies that make you feel like you are playing a real organ...It has the mentioned edit tools for easy editing..It has a professional mic input, not a throw together design...It has fully editable drums that sound like drums...it has a lot of superior sounds and styles...all this to go along with the chord sequencer and audio key play..It also has a great MP3,Wav, midi playback design..

It almost makes me want to order one.....if they had a touch screen smile

#370566 - 08/17/13 09:49 AM Re: s950 swing styles converted to Korg format? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

I fully support anyone who sings the praises of their favorite tools, but the issue I see all too often is this:
Someone askes a specific question about a technique on their instrument. Instead of offering help in the specified topic, the answer is "well, the ROLAND does this ...." not helpful.
Sharing the coolness of all the toys is something we all enjoy, but c'mon ... just because you love it, that doesn't mean that everyone needs it too.

I'll bet 50 cents that the screen on that wonderful new BK9 will drive every owner to the ipad ... as Roland intended.

I appreciate all the helpful advice and comments that the experienced users share, but I'm really tired of how it seems to revert to the pissing contests of old.
It's pretty evident that so far, NO ONE has exactly what they want. Even Gary Diamond ... who is the most loyal to his setup of all of us is making a change.

There are at least FIVE statements in your comment, Fran that are totally subjective.(playable keys, real organ, sounds like drums, superior styles ... etc) Let's keep the perspective and learn from real world trials of these fine tools.
smile

Rant over.

#370569 - 08/17/13 10:36 AM Re: s950 swing styles converted to Korg format? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Dave..your question was asked and answered in the first two post...the rest of the thread has nothing to do with your question...but seeing how boring the Korg topic has been...we all try to make it more interesting....Go get your coffee!!!

#370573 - 08/17/13 12:26 PM Re: s950 swing styles converted to Korg format? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Let's not forget that the OP is also an indictment of Korg... by a Korg owner (I guess that's what makes it OK? LOL).

#370608 - 08/17/13 09:14 PM Re: s950 swing styles converted to Korg format? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Diki, it's true that I'm a little perturbed at Korg right now. They really dropped the ball on this one, but I'm determined to make this thing happy at work ... or make ME happy, I should say!
smile
I guess I'm a little jealous that you love your BK so much right out of the box.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online