SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#368556 - 07/04/13 08:19 PM Good News for KORG MicroArranger
newday5229 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Good News from a happy Korg MicroArranger in Toronto, Canada:
Celebrating my one-year anniversary together with John Smies' "Musical Resources" !
This weekend marks one (1) year since I began professional use of John's custom sounds for Korg arrangers.
At first I used the new "styles" he created on the KMA;
playing accompaniments in small ensembles.
Then an 11-piece busy/working party band awarded me it's piano chair. I bought a
NORD Electro 4D for gigging as my main bottom keyboard (organs and pianos) and place the KMA above it for string, synth and all other sounds ("Performances").
John's programming is excellent. All the band members love the way the music sounds from both of my keyboards.
Thank you, John; the initial tiny "donation" has become a wonderful investment!

#368561 - 07/05/13 03:17 AM Re: Good News for KORG MicroArranger [Re: newday5229]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Thank you David for your kind remarks. I am sure the KMA will do well sitting next to the incredible Nord 4.
I sincerely believe that anyone owning a yamaha or roland arranger keyboard should consider having the KMA on top of it, either as an extension keyboard or as a module. And I would hope that my resources add yet another dimension to such a set up. Too bad Yamaha and Ketron do not offer any of these tiny devils, I would be happy to buy them !!

regards
John

#370433 - 08/14/13 11:42 AM more Rave Reviews for custom "Musical Resources" [Re: john smies]
newday5229 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Summer Update:
the KMA has been sounding great in particular the custom programming by John Smies. Occasionally I play the demo floor model of the KMA at my large local music store.
I would have been missing so much (best sounds and styles) had I remained only using the original factory settings.
Our band(s) play large outdoor summer festivals . . .
sometimes using styles made by John Smies and the crowd reaction is always enthusiastic. His personally created backing styles have great realism.
They do sound "live". He also includes a big variety of these unique styles.
"Musical Resources"? Much recommended!!! Excellent VALUE!

#370434 - 08/14/13 12:03 PM Re: more Rave Reviews for custom "Musical Resources" [Re: newday5229]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I will second what has been said here. I have the KMA and my new PA900 side by side and I'm sorry, but the KMA, with John's Resources, outshines the PA9900 in overall sound quality. Maybe John will get busy on the PA900.

Deane

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online