Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#370366 - 08/13/13 08:52 AM Re: Videos of my Live PA900 Gig Today [Re: hammer]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Looking good Deane.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#370367 - 08/13/13 09:14 AM Re: Videos of my Live PA900 Gig Today [Re: montunoman]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Paul,
I am making a lot of changes to the styles. Often just changing an STS setting makes the world of difference. Sometimes changing the Tempo of a style helps. You just have to spend a lot of time trying out various combinations.

It is very much a work in progress. Today I'll go over every Songbook setup and make sure the correct intro is setup and the STS settings are just the way I want them. Like I said - it takes a lot of time.

Deane

#370376 - 08/13/13 12:44 PM Re: Videos of my Live PA900 Gig Today [Re: hammer]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Paul, PA3X has some really good old Rock and Roll and Country styles. I don't know if they would work in the 600 but I'm certain they would in 900.
DonM

#370377 - 08/13/13 01:26 PM Re: Videos of my Live PA900 Gig Today [Re: DonM]
hammer Offline

Hi Don,
I haven't found many of the Country styles that I can use. I don't play any of the current country hits so I am looking for the stuff that would be good for the old Classic Country songs.

I like the Korg OS but I am still not sold on the overall sound. Guess it it just something you get use to.

Deane

#370382 - 08/13/13 01:45 PM Re: Videos of my Live PA900 Gig Today [Re: hammer]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Deane, one trick: Take Country Quickstep and slow it WAY down, to about 90-100 bpm. It fits many slow country shuffles.
Also, I made a great CW shuffle with walking bass, by simply changing sounds and drum kit in Big Band Fox style. I changed the last two sounds to guitar and steel, and the Trombones to piano. I changed the drum kit to RX Brush kit. Tempo around 120 bpm.
There are also some good CW styles in the Musikant styles and a lot of third-party conversions, including Kramer, which sounds suspiciously like the Ketron one. I'll look around and see what I can find to send you.
DonM

#370385 - 08/13/13 03:10 PM Re: Videos of my Live PA900 Gig Today [Re: hammer]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Deane I checked out your videos of the V-arranger with the A-800Pro controller...I noticed you set up start/ stop and endings on the pads...Did you ever set up a more detailed controller to use with V-arranger?..

BTW: I think I liked the V-arranger slightly better for sound..It did sound like the SD2...right?

If Dan is reading this...Does the V-arranger program allow for easy controller set up....maybe a midi learn tab to match parameter with controller utility (knob, sliders etc).

If the V-arranger could be set up to make good use of the Roland A-800 pro...and also allow VST's arranged within the program..
A softsynth version or the Ketron SD series, and better yet a Roland BK sound set...

This would allow for a great sounding and flexible soundset..and if all control was assignable to the A-800 pro...it would be an easy set up...

#370386 - 08/13/13 03:20 PM Re: Videos of my Live PA900 Gig Today [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Deanne...nice job....just wondering I know you dont sing but with no mic shown how do you talk to the audience without it?

#370388 - 08/13/13 03:55 PM Re: Videos of my Live PA900 Gig Today [Re: hammer]
hammer Offline

Don,
Thanks, I appreciate any help at all. I have a lot of those styles downloaded but have not had time yet to explore all of them. It has been a week now and I am just now getting through all the factory styles, the PA3X styles, and the PA80 styles.

Fran,
I have been using vArranger for nearly 2 years. It is a solid piece of software and
the SD2 sounds are outstanding. I have the controller setup so I never have to mess with the computer at all on gigs. It basically works just like any arranger - all from the controller.

Donny,
This was a VERY SMALL room - no mic needed.

Deane

#370419 - 08/14/13 09:27 AM Re: Videos of my Live PA900 Gig Today [Re: hammer]
zuki Offline

Deanne, thx for sharing. Looks like you have your songs happening quickly.

Question: What computer/notebook system and stand are you using for the music?

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#370425 - 08/14/13 09:53 AM Re: Videos of my Live PA900 Gig Today [Re: hammer]
hammer Offline

HI Zuki,
I use an first generation Ipad and the stand is a Hercules. I also had a GigEasy stand but I like the Hercules better. Over the years I have collected virtually thousands of PDF leadsheets for it. Yes, I have been putting in 8-9 hours every day for the last week on learning how to do things and today ventured into adjusting various track settings within the styles. You can do a lot with this keyboard if you have the time and are willing to do the work. Hopefully by next week I will have gotten to the various sound tweaking features. I am enjoying all the "messing around" with things. It sure is different from the Yamaha keyboards I have owned.

Deane

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online