SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#370455 - 08/15/13 08:17 AM Re: Soundbar Speaker System Anyone Using ? [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: Diki
Thing is, get booked for 40 people, turn up and find 150... which system do you wish you'd brought?

For me, what they sound like when pushed to the max is paramount. Some things that sound amazing at moderate volumes sound like ass when pushed hard, and some things sound average at moderate volumes, but behave well flat out.

I must admit, I'm looking hard at the Nano's. $700 for a stereo Nano system, vs. $2000 for a stereo Bose Compact system. Hardly seems fair, does it?!

My NANOs in stereo on stage,..worked really well for a while ......,
but now I'm loving my New Yamaha DXR speakers...wow!
headphone keys headphone

DNJ trademark....bottle of water and a fan... smile

#370456 - 08/15/13 08:20 AM Re: Soundbar Speaker System Anyone Using ? [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
Originally Posted By: Dnj
[quote=Diki]

DNJ trademark....bottle of water and a fan... smile

lol......I Don't leave home without it,..ALWAYS!

#370460 - 08/15/13 09:39 AM Re: Soundbar Speaker System Anyone Using ? [Re: Graham UK]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Can't argue with success! smile The very first thing I ALWAYS set up is the fan - even in the dead of winter.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#370467 - 08/15/13 10:43 AM Re: Soundbar Speaker System Anyone Using ? [Re: travlin'easy]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Can't argue with success! smile The very first thing I ALWAYS set up is the fan - even in the dead of winter.

Cheers,

Gary cool

To cool off those Barbettas grin

#370469 - 08/15/13 11:02 AM Re: Soundbar Speaker System Anyone Using ? [Re: Graham UK]

Wow! I remember that. When I first met Donny I installed cooling fans in his Barbettas. He had a pair of the earlier ones that didn't have the fans and when used in warm locations the thermal cutoff would shut them down. I purchased a pair a year after Donny bought his and they had 60-mm fans installed that kept them cool.

Sure seems like a long time ago when Fran had to hold the fan on the back of the speakers so Donny could finish his job.

Cheers,

Gary cool

#370471 - 08/15/13 11:58 AM Re: Soundbar Speaker System Anyone Using ? [Re: Graham UK]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
This is way too funny - fans!!!! S@#t what the hell do you guys need fans for?

You should see a Doc for your health if you need a fan for the work you do....wouldn't raise a sweat on a gnat!! Now if you were a drummer or some other performer who was very active, it would make a bit more sense, but puhleeeaase....arranger players in small rooms and nursing homes? Or ridiculously placed on a high stage (the photo on this thread - which looks just so naff) with no lights....give me strength!

#370474 - 08/15/13 01:35 PM Re: Soundbar Speaker System Anyone Using ? [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Wow! I remember that. When I first met Donny I installed cooling fans in his Barbettas. He had a pair of the earlier ones that didn't have the fans and when used in warm locations the thermal cutoff would shut them down. I purchased a pair a year after Donny bought his and they had 60-mm fans installed that kept them cool.

Sure seems like a long time ago when Fran had to hold the fan on the back of the speakers so Donny could finish his job.

Cheers,
Gary cool

Gary...I remember that gig and the Barbettas & G1000 very well surprised ...it was upwards of 100 degrees outside and with 350 people dancing the room was hot... first one side shut off then 10 min later the other side....Fran stood behind the Barbettas and held a fan against it to keep one of the heat sinks on back cool enough to keep the show going.......as for me every night I will not perform anywhere with out a fan in my face..inner energy extruded as you perform will make you sweat, not to mention the overhead stage spotlights beaming down on you all night too...... keys

Attachments
dpg1000.jpg

Edited by Dnj (08/15/13 01:43 PM)

#370476 - 08/15/13 02:06 PM Re: Soundbar Speaker System Anyone Using ? [Re: Graham UK]

Dennis,

How many of these places do you perform at? Both Donny and I, and several other forum members do two and sometimes three jobs a day, which amounts to a lot of loading, unloading, setting up, and tearing down gear. Today, the weather is great outdoors, only 82 degrees and the humidity is down to about 40 percent. Two weeks ago it was 100 degrees and 100-percent humidity - just like working in a sauna. We've all done what you consider hard work as a band member - all of us. I only wish we had the small, compact, quiet, high-volume fans back then that we have now. So, gimme a break! The seniors in this forum that do these NH jobs every day of the week, summer and winter, are a lot smarter than you, obviously, give us credit for being. So, while you're hammering on those drums and sweating your balls off, think about how us old codgers are sitting there behind our arranger keyboards with the cooling breezes of that tiny fan flowing over our aging bodies. wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

#370482 - 08/15/13 05:06 PM Re: Soundbar Speaker System Anyone Using ? [Re: Graham UK]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
heh heh ... balls
smile

#370483 - 08/15/13 05:10 PM Re: Soundbar Speaker System Anyone Using ? [Re: Graham UK]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
This should cool you down.
What's the difference between a snow man and a snow woman?
Snowballs.
:}
DonM

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online