SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#370387 - 08/13/13 03:24 PM Re: Soundbar Speaker System Anyone Using ? [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
DNJ demonstrated his new sound system...I just ordered one myself this afternoon...it will eliminate the need to carry a Bose compact....

I love this little thing sounds great with my phone amazing!! headphone

#370399 - 08/13/13 10:05 PM Re: Soundbar Speaker System Anyone Using ? [Re: Graham UK]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I had the Nano and the Compact at the same time, and found the bass to be better in the Nano, the clarity better in the Bose, and overall coverage went to the Bose as well. Never pushed to "fart level" cuz I wouldn't want either one that loud. I have a stereo 2500 watt QSC tri-amp system for that stuff.
At low levels, the Nano gave a nice separation, but in a medium room, the drop-off was severe. It did not compete in the same league for me. Small room ... It's great, but it just doesn't have that coverage.

#370404 - 08/13/13 11:59 PM Re: Soundbar Speaker System Anyone Using ? [Re: Graham UK]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
That's what I'm thinking too. I haven't used the Nano except at home, and it sounds great there. I would not expect it to have the coverage of the Bose. I would think up to 40 or 50 people the HK would be just fine.
DonM

#370421 - 08/14/13 09:42 AM Re: Soundbar Speaker System Anyone Using ? [Re: Graham UK]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Thing is, get booked for 40 people, turn up and find 150... which system do you wish you'd brought?

For me, what they sound like when pushed to the max is paramount. Some things that sound amazing at moderate volumes sound like ass when pushed hard, and some things sound average at moderate volumes, but behave well flat out.

I must admit, I'm looking hard at the Nano's. $700 for a stereo Nano system, vs. $2000 for a stereo Bose Compact system. Hardly seems fair, does it?!

#370428 - 08/14/13 11:06 AM Re: Soundbar Speaker System Anyone Using ? [Re: Diki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
Thing is, get booked for 40 people, turn up and find 150... which system do you wish you'd brought?

For me, what they sound like when pushed to the max is paramount. Some things that sound amazing at moderate volumes sound like ass when pushed hard, and some things sound average at moderate volumes, but behave well flat out.

I must admit, I'm looking hard at the Nano's. $700 for a stereo Nano system, vs. $2000 for a stereo Bose Compact system. Hardly seems fair, does it?!

My NANOs in stereo on stage,..worked really well for a while ......,
but now I'm loving my New Yamaha DXR speakers...wow!
headphone keys headphone

Attachments
dp nano.jpg

dp DXR & S950.jpg

#370430 - 08/14/13 11:17 AM Re: Soundbar Speaker System Anyone Using ? [Re: Diki]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Originally Posted By: Diki

I don't know about anyone else here, but in more than a half-century of performances, often 5 to 7 days a week, I've never experienced a situation where there was a 400-percent, unexpected, increase in the audience size. Maybe I just lead a sheltered life! wink

Fortunately, I've never had to push a sound system to the Max - never had the necessity at any time. Maybe it's because I always used a system that would handle the largest audiences I ever played for, therefore, I was always able to utilize the system's most efficient levels, which on most systems I've owned, is 1/2 to 2/3 of max.

I must admit, I'm looking hard at the Nano's. $700 for a stereo Nano system, vs. $2000 for a stereo Bose Compact system. Hardly seems fair, does it?! [/i]

[i]I guess it all depends upon what type of sound quality you're looking for, and of course, the most efficient application for that particular sound system.

Good luck,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (08/14/13 11:20 AM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#370442 - 08/14/13 07:08 PM Re: Soundbar Speaker System Anyone Using ? [Re: Graham UK]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
So you were using a double Nano system, Donny? Still not as much as two Compacts, mind you, but I was kind of wondering what kind of impact you got from just ONE, in stereo..?

I'm using a couple of Mackie SRM150's for monitoring keys in a band, but wonder if one of these would do both that AND doubling as small gig PA. The Mackies don't cut it by themselves. Band can get fairly frisky at times! I need something small that can keep up...

#370443 - 08/14/13 07:52 PM Re: Soundbar Speaker System Anyone Using ? [Re: DonM]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: DonM
You might want to check out the HK Nano. It's more expensive than the Logitech of course, but not as expensive as a couple of "Bosi".
DonM

Also don't rule out the Maui LD128 (half the price of a Bose) smile

#370447 - 08/14/13 10:20 PM Re: Soundbar Speaker System Anyone Using ? [Re: Graham UK]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Diki,
I think you would like the HK a lot for both situations. They sound good in either configuration and are light in weight and easy to transport and set up.
I am looking for a situation where I might prefer them to the two Compacts though, but haven't found it yet.
DonM

#370450 - 08/15/13 07:00 AM Re: Soundbar Speaker System Anyone Using ? [Re: Graham UK]
Dnj Offline

Diki.....the HK is one of those in between PA systems..it's like a Swiss ARMY Knife....different configurations to handle the odd small situations rooms can be had with no problem..in stereo or mono that alone gives it the nod for me over a single Bose Compact plus its no slouch in the sound department. For what your explaining regarding your needs the HK would be a good choice for sure. For me I needed to go from very small to VERY LARGE venues all the time so I needed a bit more and the Yamaha DXR 12"s fit the bill nicely for me at this time.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online