SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#370117 - 08/08/13 10:44 AM Re: PA900 audio demos with vocalizer [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Some kind of empty disk drive?
DonM

#370136 - 08/08/13 08:12 PM Re: PA900 audio demos with vocalizer [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I have tomorrow (Friday) off, so I'll experiment with the TC VocalLiveTouch2 ... see if it gets better tone from the direct inputs on the PA900. If its what I expect ... I'll post a few more comparison demos. I think the internal mic will only be good enough for background cocktail situations ... it just sounds too muffled for my taste. I've worked too hard on my voice to have it push a substandard mic input. Sorry Korg - you just didn't get this part right. Can we get a hardware/software upgrade to give the option of clean, crisp vocals to those of us who prefer internal speakers and lightweight? Please? ...(tap, tap. tap ... is this on????)
smile

Oh yes ... another thing about the "in the trunk" comment - I never take my gear out of the car during my busy seasons, and I've never had one instance of trouble, due to temperature, on any gear in almost 40 years of carting that audio baggage around. My trunk is very kind to my rig.

#370171 - 08/09/13 12:01 PM Re: PA900 audio demos with vocalizer [Re: Uncle Dave]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Overall, have you played a good quality WAVE file through the internal speakers? Do they tend to 'color' the sound compared to a full range system? On the whole, I think we expect a bit much from rather small speakers in a VERY small enclosure.

One other possibility is, have you tried using a mixer's pre-amp to bring the mike up to line level? From what I can see at the Korg PA900 site's spec page is, the mike inputs are unbalanced:
Quote:
Mic/Line Input:

Left/Mono-Mic, Unbalanced
With “Gain control and Right/Mono”

Possibly a nice quality mike pre is needed? I have heard very good things about the Joe Meek ThreeQ (around $250 with a small footprint)

#370183 - 08/09/13 03:14 PM Re: PA900 audio demos with vocalizer [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
A quality mic pre is a definite possibility ... then I could turn OFF the dynamic processor that's built in.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online