SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#369937 - 08/05/13 06:49 AM Help with various AUDYA problems.
Lyker Offline

Loc: DK
I have some problems with my AUDYA, so I'm wondering if someone here has some ideas about what is wrong ....

1. After fillin or break - playing a fast number- the first note is delayed - as if the lack of polyphony.

2. I am no longer able to use the "Voice to arranger", or modify these I made earlier, because I canīt change the "Voice Group." But those associated with a reg. works fine.

3. When shifting from "Main View" to "Registration" page, and going in and out of the "Menu" and "Style view" the rhythm goes out of sync. – mostly when using "Audio" drums.

4. In "Disk" \ SYSTEM I have 18 files with the underscore (_) in front of the filename and 6 of them are also to be found under both RELOAD and INIT. - some in lower case and others in capital letters.

5. The last thing for now: My "Disc" button is flashing green two times per second frequency when playing,so maybe a HD crash is near…

I hope there will be some suggestions for what to do..
Iīm using OS 5,0 and the oldest reload is 1,2

#369942 - 08/05/13 07:42 AM Re: Help with various AUDYA problems. [Re: Lyker]
necdetdoni Offline

Loc: Antalya / Turkey
as far as i know you cant jump os1.2 to os5.0..you need 2011 pen upgrede before to jump os 5.0...

#369946 - 08/05/13 08:38 AM Re: Help with various AUDYA problems. [Re: Lyker]
Lyker Offline

Hi necdetdoni...
Maybe I expressed myself wrong .. I have them all except 4.1 a - 1.2 Reload mentioned only to indicate the vintage year.

#369980 - 08/05/13 03:28 PM Re: Help with various AUDYA problems. [Re: Lyker]
leezone Offline

I just know the Audya's Main Board could use some SERIOUS updates
I think a 368 computer could outperform it (for those who remember those dinosaurs)

#370201 - 08/10/13 05:17 AM Re: Help with various AUDYA problems. [Re: Lyker]
Snoopy Offline

Loc: Northern Germany
Hi,

as far as I know the AUDYAs processor is 80 MHz wink ( But Tyros 1 -4 is not much faster... )

@Lyker :

Point 2 :
Itīs a known bug, here is a workaround :
Just select the voicebank you want to assign to a variation PRIOR you select the style.
So select "Piano", then open the style, set "Grand" for Var A.
Then save.
Select "Sax", open the (User ! ) style again, choose Var B and set "TenorSax". Then save. And so on for all 4 variations...

Point 4 : FIles starting with underscore are backupfiles that can be deleted !

Point 5 : Thatīs normal, because during playing styles the Audya is accessing the harddisk ( to load and play the audio-parts )

Point 1 and 3 : Maybe your harddisk is fragmented ( and / or the filesystem is damaged ).
You should connect the Audya to an Windows-PC and run "chkdsk" and "defrag".

PRIOR UNPLUGGING THE AUDYA CHOOSE "UNPLUG HARDWARE" from WINDOWS, otherwise data-loss could occur !!!

#370260 - 08/11/13 06:02 AM Re: Help with various AUDYA problems. [Re: Snoopy]
Lyker Offline

Hi Snoopy..
Thanks for your advice.

Point 2: Iīl try to do it this way,but itīs not the way I used to do,cause I have never associated V-A to a style,but only to a registration.

Point 5: The flashing was before more random - now itīs constantly two times pr.sek.

Point 3:Iīl try to make a defrag although TWD ones said: "One thing I would add is that Windows has an annoying habit of moving any suspected corrupt files to a FOUND folder and inconveniently renaming them FOUND001 etc. rendering them totally useless. So always backup before using windows to scan or repair the Audya HD."

#370534 - 08/16/13 01:00 PM Re: Help with various AUDYA problems. [Re: Lyker]
Snoopy Offline

Loc: Northern Germany
Hi Lyker,

ALWAYS BACKUP before doing some "work" on HDs !!! wink

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online