SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#369374 - 07/20/13 08:49 PM Re: Thumb under or thumb over? [Re: miden]
chasbee Offline

Loc: Bristol UK.
Thank you all for your replies. I wasn’t looking for instruction on how to play keyboard or piano, or how to listen to music. My question was; does anyone on this forum know of, or use “thumb over”. Your replies show that the answer is no. Maybe this post has been of some use to the silent majority on this forum who don’t post on a regular basis. I’ve downloaded C. C. Chang’s book and I find it quite interesting.

#369375 - 07/20/13 09:00 PM Re: Thumb under or thumb over? [Re: chasbee]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
methinks you assume too much wink

just 'coz we eschew the idea, don't mean we don't know what it is you are talking about cool2

#369388 - 07/21/13 05:21 AM Re: Thumb under or thumb over? [Re: chasbee]
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Thank you Chasbee. I am old enough to know that I couldn't change the way I play. But I am also old enough to know that there's lots of stuff I don't know, and am always eager to learn more. I guess that puts me in your "silent majority".

#369396 - 07/21/13 10:20 AM Re: Thumb under or thumb over? [Re: chasbee]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I am with Bob above...I feel I am too old and set in my ways to change the way I play (thumb under). As I understand, this fingering method was mainly designed to allow the best accuracy in playing each note at an equal volume and touch, especially when playing rapidly.

I know it really works well for me.

I suspect the "thumb over" method may be very rare among those on SZ who began their keyboard playing journey on the piano.

Ian

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online