SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#369357 - 07/20/13 07:59 AM Re: First Gig Without My Bose Compact [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

we used that Green Carvin ag100 amp many years ago... I traded mine to uncle dave ... wink......I think Book had one also? great amp for acoustic guitar and low vol KB..

#369358 - 07/20/13 08:02 AM Re: First Gig Without My Bose Compact [Re: hammer]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Bernie,
I have tried both ways with voice/vocals and I prefer running them directly through the Bose. I sing very seldom and don't have any use for vocal effects.

Deane

#369360 - 07/20/13 09:44 AM Re: First Gig Without My Bose Compact [Re: hammer]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
If you wish to sing, forget using just the keyboard speakers - you're going to experience feedback. Of course, there is a workaround. You can mount deflectors over the speakers, which look a lot like air scoops on cars. This helps prevent feedback by sending all the sound forward toward the audience. Additionally, you can lower the mid and high mic EQs, and raise the mic's low EQ setting, but only the men in the NH audience will be able to hear you sing. This is because nature and the aging process causes men to loose high frequency hearing sounds, while women tend to loose the lower frequency sounds. I told my wife that was the way God intended it to be - I can't hear her, and she can't hear me! smile

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#369361 - 07/20/13 09:49 AM Re: First Gig Without My Bose Compact [Re: hammer]
billyhank Offline

The Mayo Clinic did an extensive hearing study some years back and of the 100 couples they studies, exactly half reported the husband lost the ability to hear their wife first.

Two guesses which half. ;-)

Bill G

#369363 - 07/20/13 11:15 AM Re: First Gig Without My Bose Compact [Re: Bernie9]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: Bernie9
How do you handle your vocals? Through your KB or send to Bose?

Bernie,
My voice goes into the internal speakers through the dedicated mic input. The (s-950)aux in takes a signal from my Bose mixer that has the iPad, guitar and guest mics.
I never set feedback, and I have a great representation of the total mix BEFORE it goes to the house ... if at all. Tonight, I'm at an upscale country club at the Jersey Shore. Upscale means they hardly talk to me, all dress alike and tip better than average. (weird, huh?) I'll use the Bose angled away from me to point into a second room, and I rely on the Yamaha internals to cover the room I'm in. It's a background situation and the first 2 hours are quiet and reserved. I sing almost every number, but it's easy, middle of the road stuff that kinda "sits" under their conversations, rather than crashes on top of them.

The Bose Compact will hardly be turned up at all .. it just adds some fullness and bottom to an already "READY" mix.
Good luck!

#369367 - 07/20/13 01:47 PM Re: First Gig Without My Bose Compact [Re: Uncle Dave]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Thank you, very interesting.

#369378 - 07/20/13 09:45 PM Re: First Gig Without My Bose Compact [Re: hammer]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Well, if tips are any indication of success - tonight's "extra pay" totaled almost 40% of the house pay - I guess they liked the sound.
smile

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online