SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#362368 - 03/01/13 01:45 PM how do you make you midfiles settings
lars p Offline

Loc: skive, danmark
Hi..

I think it cut be nice if we talk about how we make and made ouer midifiles....

I use an old cakewalk pro audio9, and do all in there... BUT i really think its hard ... I have problems to make my files in the same volume !!! some are low and others are very high.

and wonder..... If now a track is to high !!! whats most right... move down the volume, expression or the velosity ??? everything works, what are You do ??

kind regards
Lars Plovmann

#362819 - 03/09/13 07:07 PM Re: how do you make you midfiles settings [Re: lars p]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Well if by "too high" you mean volume then definately reduce the volume on the MIDI file tracks. While changing velocity also affects volume it also changes the samples that are being used to indicate how hard the keys are being struck. Only adjust velocity to make the track sound like the keys are being struck with the correct intensity.

#369159 - 07/16/13 12:13 PM Re: how do you make you midfiles settings [Re: lars p]
deatonent Offline

Loc: Tazewell, VA, USA
Hi Lars,
I just saw your post. I have been trying to understand midi file production since 1984. While I'm not quite there yet, I've come across a wonderful resource that has helped very much. Go to this web site and you will find a wealth of information. http://midi-tutor.proboards.com/index.cgi

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online