SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#368967 - 07/13/13 04:45 AM Midifile is changing master transpose when playing
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
I wonder if someone can help me. I have recorded a song (in F) from an external midi keyboard to the sequencer on the Korg Microarranger. I want to have a performance that chooses the realtime instruments for me, AND sets the keyboard transpose to F. I have disabled the song transposing so that the transpose keys only affect the realtime voices. Now my problem is that when I select the performance, all is well and the transpose is set to F, voices are selected, great. I open the midifile in song play mode, but as soon as the song begins to play the master transpose is reset to C.... Is this because I used an external midi controller keyboard that it has embedded a master transpose value in the midi? Or have I missed another option to disable this from happening?

#368970 - 07/13/13 05:37 AM Re: Midifile is changing master transpose when playing [Re: svpworld]
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
Ok I've figured it out! The master transpose value is actually saved in the song (as sys ex data). I therefore changed the master transpose value to F, then resaved the song! Actually quite a useful feature as it saves me remembering what key some tracks are in when I want to play them in a different key! Works slightly different to Yamaha arrangers, but I'm getting to figure it out!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online