SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#368644 - 07/06/13 04:23 PM Re: Don Mason Kickin' It on The 4th of July Weekend!! [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Hi guys,
I'm using Korg PA3x on first shelf of Ultimate Support A-frame, made from various pieces.
On top is a case to hold mixer, laptop, power supplies and recorder. Mic stand is attached to the kb stand.
The top comes off the case, then I turn it around and hook it back on so it hangs down and shows my name, while hiding cables.
I wasn't using the laptop and didn't need the mixer, but they are there just in case. The mic is processed only through the keyboard and everything on the mixer is set flat. I do use aux outs from the mixer to record myself. For sound I used two Bose Compacts.
I have another stand that I made from parts that is smaller and even more portable. My attic is full of a-frames and parts.
They are the most versatile and lightest in weight of anything that has come along since, and I've had them at least 20 years, maybe longer.
I was able to sit back, eat my catfish and listen to Paul play a few songs. He sings "real good" as they say around here, and seemed to be pretty much at home on the Korg as well.
It was a fun evening! He even rode around on my golf cart for the last couple of holes.
DonM

#368658 - 07/07/13 03:40 AM Re: Don Mason Kickin' It on The 4th of July Weekend!! [Re: DonM]
Rfinnshw Offline

Loc: Vero Beach, Florida
re:
The top comes off the case, then I turn it around and hook it back on so it hangs down and shows my name, while hiding cables.

Don, what a great idea, utilizing your Top, to double as a Name display sign and to hide cables.

Ron in Port St. Lucie, FL clap

Edited by Rfinnshw (07/07/13 03:41 AM)

#368662 - 07/07/13 07:10 AM Re: Don Mason Kickin' It on The 4th of July Weekend!! [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I'm still teaching him stuff, but he's catching on quick! wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#368668 - 07/07/13 10:29 AM Re: Don Mason Kickin' It on The 4th of July Weekend!! [Re: Dnj]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Equally important, it offers a very visible space for a tip jar ...
Ciao,
Jerry

#368680 - 07/07/13 03:04 PM Re: Don Mason Kickin' It on The 4th of July Weekend!! [Re: montunoman]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: montunoman
I was at the gig! I think I took the photo. I it was great to see the master at work. I got to meet Don's lovely wife and some of his friends too. Real nice folks. Thanks for a great evening Don. I need to shed on some country stuff now... I'm inspired!

Paul ... for me, one of the great things in life is to see pros like Don and Donny (sounds like a 50's duo - all they would need is a female named Donna grin ) in action, as I have had the privilege of doing ... and meeting their backbone- their lovely spouses - and some of their friends makes it even better ...
I've also had the pleasure of seeing SteveM -who has been mighty scarce around here since he took up photography frown - perform and meet his wife, as well as meet up with Gary and his wife ...
Thanks for taking the photo, but DAMN, I wish it had been a video ...

#368683 - 07/07/13 06:47 PM Re: Don Mason Kickin' It on The 4th of July Weekend!! [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Tony,

If you and Lydia ever get back down this way I'll take you both sailing, then grill some tasty fillet mignon on the boat's gas grill before heading back to the dock. Makes for a nice day.

Keep in touch,

Gary cool

#368684 - 07/07/13 07:13 PM Re: Don Mason Kickin' It on The 4th of July Weekend!! [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Is it time for another JAM?
DonM

#368700 - 07/08/13 04:53 AM Re: Don Mason Kickin' It on The 4th of July Weekend!! [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
Is it time for another JAM?
DonM

That would be wonderful I need another Jam, .......if the date is right.. wink

#368705 - 07/08/13 06:30 AM Re: Don Mason Kickin' It on The 4th of July Weekend!! [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

I'm thinking seriously about heading south sometime in late January or early February, so for me, that would be a good time for another jam.

Gary cool

#368712 - 07/08/13 07:15 AM Re: Don Mason Kickin' It on The 4th of July Weekend!! [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

The date is definitely the problem. It's hard to get the right time for everybody. I'm available any time!
DonM

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online