SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#368638 - 07/06/13 01:18 PM Re: A good buy & sell story [Re: cassp]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Yeah. Navigation is definitely a pain. It's one of those things that setting up Performances really pays off.

#368744 - 07/08/13 01:33 PM Re: A good buy & sell story [Re: cassp]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
SO far I'm not impressed with the BK5. It kinda reminds me of the E-09 and I didn't keep that long at all. $800 and it's yours... confused1

#368746 - 07/08/13 01:41 PM Re: A good buy & sell story [Re: cassp]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: cassp
SO far I'm not impressed with the BK5. It kinda reminds me of the E-09 and I didn't keep that long at all. $800 and it's yours... confused1

Cass that was so fast why didnt you like it?.....

#368750 - 07/08/13 02:00 PM Re: A good buy & sell story [Re: cassp]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I've had my fair share of Roland arrangers and SO FAR this one is pretty far down the list. I don't like the navigation system - it's painful to have to use that entry dial for most everything. Sounds are OK, but I'll definitely have to set up performances if I decide to keep this thing. The BK9 better be leaps and bounds better than this to get my money. I miss my G70 and it hasn't even left the station yet. rolleyes

I'll keep this for a while yet, but I may be buying myself a new Christmas present if things don;t improve.

I guess what it boils down to is trying to compare a Cadillac Escalade to a Chevy Cruze. Thank goodness I still have my s910, er Buick Regal.

#368753 - 07/08/13 02:12 PM Re: A good buy & sell story [Re: cassp]
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Cass, I think you'll have to go for a Korg Pa900 like I'm going to try! It looks great.

#368757 - 07/08/13 02:48 PM Re: A good buy & sell story [Re: cassp]
Dnj Offline

I've had my fair share of Roland arrangers and SO FAR this one is pretty far down the list. I don't like the navigation system - it's painful to have to use that entry dial for most everything. Sounds are OK, but I'll definitely have to set up performances if I decide to keep this thing. The BK9 better be leaps and bounds better than this to get my money. I miss my G70 and it hasn't even left the station yet. rolleyes

I'll keep this for a while yet, but I may be buying myself a new Christmas present if things don;t improve.

I guess what it boils down to is trying to compare a Cadillac Escalade to a Chevy Cruze. Thank goodness I still have my s910, er Buick Regal.

Thanx Cass..... I think it's time for a nice AUDYA ..... wink
your needs will all be filled in one unit! headphone

#368779 - 07/08/13 09:43 PM Re: A good buy & sell story [Re: cassp]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA

I'm guessing you will be trying for another successful SZ transaction very soon.

#368793 - 07/09/13 01:46 AM Re: A good buy & sell story [Re: cassp]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The BK's are definitely a 'set it up in advance' kind of arranger. It's fairly easy with the Favorites and Numerics to call up sounds and styles, but anything deeper than that, you'll want to set up a few Performances with the stuff you want where you want it.

If you liked the G70's touch screen OS, you are out of luck. Another GREAT Roland feature down the drain!

But you still can't beat the BK's for basic rhythm section quality. The drums are the closest to audio drums you are going to find, and the BK-9 ups that department radically. Tons of new kits, amazing percussion kits, just about everything you could ever want, and now for the first time... Ta-da! Fully programmable (and saveable) User Drumkits. Combine any sounds you want into a custom drumkit...

I'll still give a slight edge to the Yamaha's for the Mega guitars, but Roland are inching closer. But bass and drums... IMO, nothing better, right now.

#368797 - 07/09/13 04:44 AM Re: A good buy & sell story [Re: cassp]
Dnj Offline

the S9650 is a killer arranger which I really enjoy playing, great sound......but the "audio drum styles" on my S950 are non usable for my needs,......
they really need improvement in so many ways sonically . Wouldn't be surprised if they drop them totally in future models unless they are vastly improved in sound & ability to edit in some way... My BK although sounded terrific need extensive setting up in advance if your going to use it on stage with styles, etc, their strength is not navigation especially without a touch screen just too many moves to do anything IMO....

Edited by Dnj (07/09/13 04:46 AM)

#368798 - 07/09/13 06:00 AM Re: A good buy & sell story [Re: PraiseTheLord]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: PraiseTheLord
Cass, I think you'll have to go for a Korg Pa900 like I'm going to try! It looks great.

Cass I think Graham is on the right track smile

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online