SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#368053 - 06/23/13 06:43 PM I'm back!!!!
korg4god Offline

Loc: Dodge City, Kansas 67801
Hey everyone,

I have been completing my first year officially as a public school music teacher and was busy and with the move to a smaller town just got busy and kind of forgot all about synthzone bbs. This last year was definitely ummm.... interesting.... my first year teaching I took a job in a small midwest town here in Kansas. I won't mention the name of the town but it was not a good experience. A very close knit community, not very welcoming to outsiders and not big on music.

I have just moved the first week of June to my second teaching job in Dodge City, KS, home of Boot Hill. They have a junior college, 18oo students in the high school, 2 middle schools, 9 elementary schools and an active community theater that just finished with a $12 million restoration of the theater venue.... in other words... so much better.... as a matter of fact I'll be starting some part time summer work as one of the saloon pianists for Boot Hill during the summer time, tourist season. I've been here less than a month and have already have two private students start.

The good thing about teaching full time is I finally have benefits again and the paycheck the degree affords, which means....I bought three new keyboards in the last year!!!!

So here is my current line up for all my fellow tech heads.

Yamaha YPG-625 piano
Roland VK-8m organ module
Pro-motion sound rotary speaker
Korg microstation

new boards added this year:

Yamaha p-95 piano
Korg PA-600
Korg Krome 88

Glad to be back in action, Ill browse posts soon and start getting back involved....

Jeff

Dodge City Schools -USD 443
Forte Music School

http://forte.musicteachershelper.com

#368054 - 06/23/13 09:06 PM Re: I'm back!!!! [Re: korg4god]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Good to have you back ... I am loving my Pa600 ... hope you are too ...
Best of luck in the new school and hope you won't have to "git outta Dodge !!!" ... grin

#368072 - 06/24/13 10:25 AM Re: I'm back!!!! [Re: korg4god]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Welcome back Jeff! I'm a school teacher too. Aren't the summer great!?!
Good luck at your new school. It sounds like a great fit!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online