SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#367415 - 06/10/13 08:19 PM Re: Wedding March Style [Re: montunoman]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
confused

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#368502 - 07/03/13 04:05 PM Re: Wedding March Style [Re: montunoman]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Thanks guys for the wedding march tips. The wedding went off really well... I ended up using a slowed down orchestral march style which I set very low in the mix. I used strings and then full pipes. We played for three hours. As the guest entered and found their tables we did some light bossa novas, standards and boleros. I was surprised that we were getting applause. As they bride entered I did the bridal march with strings and when the ceremony finished I did the wedding march with full pipes. Then dinner was severed and we kept the lite music going. Before we took a break we did a request of NY NY which got a huge applause from a mostly Mexican audience. Latter we played the couples requested dance song of the Beatles "All You Need is Love" Luckily they requested that song in advance as I have never had to play/sing that song in my life... Also the groom requestes in advance a Spanish Language pop/rock song that he sung to his new bride. We played it for at least 15 minuets as the crowd got on their feet, going crazy, the bride crying in joy. Thank God for the arranger KB... I don't know how I could have pulled this extended version with a Karaoke track or SMF... Anyways, I worked really getting the marches and specially request ready. Not that they were hard to play, I just wanted them to be perfect because the importance of the occasion. It was a very special event that I will always remember.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#368503 - 07/03/13 04:09 PM Re: Wedding March Style [Re: montunoman]
montunoman Offline

I forgot to mention, the groom called me the other day and thanked me again. He said his father, a CEO for Coca Cola of Mexico, wants to hire us for some events during the holiday session in Mexico City.

#368505 - 07/03/13 04:17 PM Re: Wedding March Style [Re: montunoman]
montunoman Offline

Also when we finished a DJ took over... The groom told us that a lot of the guests told him that they wanted us to continue instead of the DJ. Let's hear it for live music/arranger keyboards!

#368541 - 07/04/13 08:50 AM Re: Wedding March Style [Re: montunoman]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
WAY TO GO, Paul !!! clap clap clap

Although I really don't play weddings anymore, it is essential that the special requests - first dance/bride with father/groom with mom etc. etc. - be spelled out well in advance ...
'Back in the day' with our band in NY we were playing a wedding in one room and a younger 'rock n roll' band was playing one in the room downstairs ... while on a break a frantic maitre d' came over and asked if we could go downstairs and play for the bride and her father because the RnR band didn't know "Daddy's Little Girl" ...
We played for them and the groom and mom, and later went down and did the cake cutting ceremony as well ...
We did get a thank you from the band at least ...
grin

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online